DMN: Blog: Distractions? Just another day at the office

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Distractions? Just another day at the office

5:09 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis

This quote from former head coach Dave Camp, who is now the secondary coach, pretty much sums up everything.

"Cowboys always have distractions," Campo said. "That's part of being a Cowboy. If you can't handle those things, you're not going to do well in this organization, really."

Ah, remember the good ol' days when a REAL controversy included receivers facing criminal charges? Or, coaches were getting caught with guns at the airport? Or, white houses?

These players today don't know the meaning of the term distraction. By the 1990s standards, the Adam Jones situation is nothing, really.

"Hopefully you keep those distractions as little as possible," Jason Witten said. "The team has got to stay focused. You can't allow that to be a distraction for us, and that's not easy. I think we all understand that, but we have to hold each other accountable

Reaction score
"Hopefully you keep those distractions as little as possible," Jason Witten said. "The team has got to stay focused. You can't allow that to be a distraction for us, and that's not easy. I think we all understand that, but we have to hold each other accountable
Witten has been one of the best on the field for a while now. No one doubts that, but it seems recently he has really stepped up and taken the leader role.

Its going to pay off and make a real nice NFL Films Superbowl movie for us down the road.

:star:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Cbz40;2432129 said:
Distractions? Just another day at the office

5:09 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis

This quote from former head coach Dave Camp, who is now the secondary coach, pretty much sums up everything.

"Cowboys always have distractions," Campo said. "That's part of being a Cowboy. If you can't handle those things, you're not going to do well in this organization, really."

Ah, remember the good ol' days when a REAL controversy included receivers facing criminal charges? Or, coaches were getting caught with guns at the airport? Or, white houses?

These players today don't know the meaning of the term distraction. By the 1990s standards, the Adam Jones situation is nothing, really.

All the more reason to respect their ability on the field, and ability to be able to focus on the task at hand, and put aside the rest of the garbage off the field.

When it came down to executing on the gridiron I don think I'd take any other group of teams.