DMN Blog: Fox's Terry Bradshaw predicts no playoffs for 'boys...more

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2:24 PM Sun, Nov 09, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

No, not that the "t" comes after the "c" and "a" in "cat"...

With the Cowboys off today, I gave my own self a pre-game show free morning. I think the good folks at Fox sensed my absence so they e-mailed what they consider the hightlights. I thought I'd share Terry's second-half predictions. I assume he said all this. I don't know if the predictions came with a money-back guarantee.

10 - Chargers will win AFC West on the last day of the season.
9 - Cardinals will end the regular season with 10 wins.
8 - Falcons QB Matt Ryan wins NFL Rookie of the year.
7 - Brett Favre announces his retirement before the final game.
6 - Packers win NFC North.
5 - Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, Georgia head coach Mark Richt & Florida head coach Urban Meyer are top candidates for NFL head coaching positions.
4 - Saints QB Drew Brees wins NFL MVP, breaks Dan Marino's passing record but Saints miss playoffs.
3 - On December 21st, Steelers spoil Titans undefeated streak.
2 - Cowboys miss playoffs, head coach Wade Phillips gets fired but offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is not promoted to head coach.
1 - Giants and Steelers face each other in Super Bowl.

I'm guessing Jimmy Johnson made a sour face when Bradshaw listed his coaching candidates.

Said Jimmy: "I'd hire head coach Mike Leach of Texas Tech before I'd hire any of those guys."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (1) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I guess that settles it.........now we can get on with our lives.....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2409234 said:
Could anyone post his list?
That is the list. He only had 10 items.

I'll check youtube to see if anyone has the segment, tho.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bradshaw also once said that Troy Aikman would never win multiple Super Bowls so...

bigE79

Reaction score
Baldshaw Is A Moron...always Has Been,always Will Be:steelers: :bastid:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
We've played like crap, even with Romo at the helm. We're last in our division and we have a very difficult schedule ahead of us. I'd say he's not exactly going out on a limb with those predictions.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
tomson75;2409285 said:
We've played like crap, even with Romo at the helm. We're last in our division and we have a very difficult schedule ahead of us. I'd say he's not exactly going out on a limb with those predictions.

No hes not. And even if Dallas made it to the playoffs, then what?

Play a good team and go home. This team has been in a tailspin for a while now. Romo coming back will cover a lot of ugly but if the rest of the team doesn't start doing their job, it won't matter.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
any more talking heads want to jump on the Dallas is not going to the playoffs wagon?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2409437 said:
any more talking heads want to jump on the Dallas is not going to the playoffs wagon?
Actually everyone I heard this morning said the Cowboys weren't going to make the playoffs. They jumped off the SB bandwagon a long time ago.

Mansta54

Reaction score
tomson75;2409285 said:

Really? Ahh, Romo left us at 4-2 with the highest scoring offense in the league averaging 30pts a game and ranked 2nd in offense overall. You call that crap...:rolleyes:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Mansta54;2409464 said:
Really? Ahh, Romo left us at 4-2 with the highest scoring offense in the league averaging 30pts a game and ranked 2nd in offense overall. You call that crap...:rolleyes:

Hey, I didn't say that Romo played like crap, did I? I didn't say that our offense played like crap, either....but feel free to roll your eyes anytime someone thinks the team isn't god's gift to football.

If you think that our TEAM was playing well before the Brad Johnson debacle, then you're more delusional than Crazy Cowboy.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2409258 said:
That is the list. He only had 10 items.

I'll check youtube to see if anyone has the segment, tho.

I meant his coaching candidates.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Mansta54;2409464 said:

Oh sure, stat lines are fine. Too bad stat lines don't win championships.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2409495 said:
Oh sure, stat lines are fine. Too bad stat lines don't win championships.

Those were facts I gave you, not just stat lines... FACTS!!!!!

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
tomson75;2409482 said:
Hey, supergenius, I didn't say that Romo played like crap, did I? I didn't say that our offense played like crap, either....but feel free to roll your eyes anytime someone thinks the team isn't god's gift to football.

If you think that our TEAM was playing well before the Brad Johnson debacle, then you're more delusional than Crazy Cowboy.

Well they were 4-2 and scoring more points than anyone else in the league. Maybe they come off the bye health with some of their young players having more experience. No one here is thinking or saying they are "God's gift to football", you cant do that when it is obvious they are not playing up to their ability. But they are a very talented group and if the Gints of last year tell you anything, it is that a team can turn things around and get on a roll the second half of the season. The season is not over and the Cowboys of 2008 is much more talented than the Gints of 2007.

Mansta54

Reaction score
tomson75;2409482 said:
Hey, supergenius, I didn't say that Romo played like crap, did I? I didn't say that our offense played like crap, either....but feel free to roll your eyes anytime someone thinks the team isn't god's gift to football.

Dude why are you taking shots at him? He believes in the team, whats wrong with that? Oh yeah, thanks for the supergenius compliment. It's much appreciated but you're way too kind....:laugh2:

Mansta54

Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2409502 said:
Well dip**** they were 4-2 and scoring more points than anyone else in the league. Maybe they come off the bye health with some of their young players having more experience. No one here is thinking or saying they are "God's gift to football", you cant do that when it is obvious they are not playing up to their ability. But they are a very talented group and if the Gints of last year tell you anything, it is that a team can turn things around and get on a roll the second half of the season. The season is not over and the Cowboys of 2008 is much more talented than the Gints of 2007.

I couldn't have said it better myself....:bow: