DMN Blog: Garrett says execution is the problem

Doomsday101

Reaction score
davidyee;1840080 said:
...I believe this league represents the pinnacle of football. The guys on the other side of the field are not puffed wheat.

They have talent and on any given day they can tear you a new one just as much as we can do it to anyone else.

That's what made this parity league such a crap shoot from one season to another and why with talent parity coaching has become such a critical part of the game.

Garrett should not rest on his laurels and push out the same offence week after week.

With some of our recent injuries our playoff success will depend on his ability to adapt and create some new looks that continually get our playmakers in positions to make plays.

This season the offence has been coined "explosive" over and over again by the media and us fans.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have an offence that is termed "patient" for one game.

4 wides, five wides, short passes, bunch formations, screens anything to keep an opposing coordinator and his defence off balance.

I pose this as the "needle and hammer" approach. They both can kill, but one is a little more subtle.

I believe in the way Garrett has handled this team, but the season is getting into the real interesting part of the year. Teams aren't going to roll over.

For some we are their SuperBowl this season. For others we are roadblock to their dreams in the playoffs. Jason needs to sharpen up this unit soon and we need some momentum going into the playoffs.

I think Garrett knows what he is doing. Any fan who wants to question Garrett ability that is their right to do so. For me I chalk this up to a bad game nothing more than that and I have complete faith that Garrett and these players will right the ship.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this team lost on purpose so other teams won't be as leary of it![/joefan]

Go Cowboys![/joefan]

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1840112 said:
I think Garrett knows what he is doing. Any fan who wants to question Garrett ability that is their right to do so. For me I chalk this up to a bad game nothing more than that and I have complete faith that Garrett and these players will right the ship.

... is up to the challenge. Much of our success so far is due to his efforts. He needs to continue to be innovative for this ride to carry on.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1839983 said:
Garrett says execution is the problem

This is the exact same thing Parcells used to say and get crucified for.

No kidding the execution was off... including the OC executing his job.

How about running the ball a bit more when your QB is struggling and you're within a TD of the opponent all game long?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;1840195 said:
This is the exact same thing Parcells used to say and get crucified for.

No kidding the execution was off... including the OC executing his job.

How about running the ball a bit more when your QB is struggling and you're within a TD of the opponent all game long?

Hey! Stop that crazy talk! Run the ball? Man, talk about a radical approach. :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1840202 said:
Hey! Stop that crazy talk! Run the ball? Man, talk about a radical approach. :)

I know he's an ex-qb and everything, but someone needs to slap the freckles off his face if he keeps running the run-n-shoot.

Sometimes the running game needs to be "worked in" meaning it may not work right away, but if you stick with it, it'll wear out the opponent and win you the game.

When your QB is having the worst game of his career and is playing with a bad thumb, that would be a good time to try and get the running game going.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett is the devil...that is why his hair is red and he has freckles.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1840222 said:
Garrett is the devil...that is why his hair is red and he has freckles.

http://i46.***BLOCKED***/albums/f140/jvfks/waterboy3.jpg

FCBarca

Reaction score
I wonder if 'execution' means several players (WRs) were not running proper routes.

TOs drop is one thing but then him slipping led to the other INT, as well.

Hurd not keeping possession on the catch after the roll out, Romo missing a wide open TO on a scramble, Romo failing to see Barber in the flat on some check downs on at least a couple of occasions, Romo failing to throw the ball away rather than take sacks.

There are several execution issues from the personnel on the field but there were several from the freckled one, as well.

Why no adjustments to Philly's coverage schemes?...Why wait until late in the 4th to have TO on those quick slants?...Where was the running game?...Where were the delay draws?...Where were the screens?...Where were the passes downfield like against GB to try and open things up?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Redball screwed the pooch yesterday. So in love with passing he helped us lose a game we could have won.