DMN: BLOG: Good-bye, Larry Lacewell

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Good-bye, Larry Lacewell

12:52 PM Tue, Aug 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

Former Cowboys personnel man Larry Lacewell, a longtime friend of Jerry, left Oxnard to return to Arkansas yesterday. Before departing, he explained to Around the Horn star Tim Cowlishaw why his presence at training camp could be the key to the Cowboys' ending their playoff win drought.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lacewell's work is done
8:15 AM Tue, Aug 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim Cowlishaw E-mail News tips

Longtime Cowboys personnel man Larry Lacewell attended his last Dallas practice Monday afternoon before heading back to Arkansas. Apparently, his work is done here.

As he informed me, "I worked with the Saints two years ago and they got to the (NFC) championship game. I've got the Cowboys back in shape now, they just have to go a little farther in the playoffs.''

He was kidding, of course, but for many years his defensive insights were considered of real value -- until Bill Parcells came to town.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
:laugh2:

I imagine Chief is puking in his soup right about now.

;)

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2176462 said:
"I worked with the Saints two years ago and they got to the (NFC) championship game. I've got the Cowboys back in shape now, they just have to go a little farther in the playoffs.''

He was kidding, of course, but for many years his defensive insights were considered of real value -- until Bill Parcells came to town.

Yeah, Larry's a pretty funny guy.

He can't do much damage at training camp, but he needs to be quarantined during the spring ... especially the last weekend in April.

That little man oozes busts.

I wouldn't trust him to pick out a puppy from a litter.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Still harping on that Saints training camp visit from two years ago to anyone who will listen, I see.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chief;2176474 said:

He can't do much damage at training camp, but he needs to be quarantined during the spring ... especially the last weekend in April.

I made that mistake.

0_21_070505_ugly_dog.jpg

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
That Larry Lacewell is anywhere near anything Dallas Cowboys related scares the bejesus out of me.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Chief;2176474 said:

Oh man I agree with that.
Who can forget Lacewell's strong SEC connection's bringing us the likes of Quincy Carter,Tony Dixon and Dwayne Goodrich????
Oooh boy.....goodbye and good ridance!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
J-DOG;2177219 said:
Oh man I agree with that.
Who can forget Lacewell's strong SEC connection's bringing us the likes of Quincy Carter,Tony Dixon and Dwayne Goodrich????
Oooh boy.....goodbye and good ridance!!

This is a great day for Dallas in 2008. Lacewell was obsolete a long time ago and scares me to this day he still had access to JJ.

burmafrd

Reaction score
In the years to come its going to be said that the two best moves BP ever made was finding a way to keep Romo with all the Q, Hutch, Henson stuff going on, and running Lacewell out of town.