WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo injury update from Wade
2:56 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said that the team is closely monitoring the precious right thumb of Tony Romo, but that its status is such that he expects the QB to be ready to go on Saturday in Charlotte.

"He said he felt better today," Phillips said. "He has a bruised thumb. It was just a bruise, he did have some swelling, I think that went down. We expect him to play."

As we posted earlier, Romo walked into the coaching offices with his right hand iced and heavily bandaged, with an electronic device attached. Phillips said that the offense didn't do any throwing at the walkthrough today, and the team kept Romo from taking any snaps from center.

The coach said he thinks the QB will practice some tomorrow, while the team may also get Brad Johnson some "just-in-case" reps. Plenty of players don't think that's necessary.

"He's a competitor," Patrick Crayton said. "Carolina's gonna get a heavy dose of 9."

Glenn could play vs. Carolina
2:58 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Wade Phillips said there is a possibility that WR Terry Glenn could play Saturday against Carolina.

Glenn, who has undergone two arthrosopic knee surgeries since the start of training camp, ran routes during today's practice. The plan is for him to fully participate in tomorrow's practice. It's wait-and-see from there, but this is the first time Phillips put any type of timetable on Glenn's return to game action.

Gurode, Watkins out

3:04 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
C Andre Gurode (knee) and S Patrick Watkins (ankle) will not play against Carolina. Wade Phillips said both players might be able to play against the Commanders in the regular-season finale.

Cory Procter will start at center. Joe Berger will be on the active roster and back up the guard and center positions.

Rookie Courtney Brown will take Watkins' spot in the Cowboys, who also take a huge hit on special teams with Watkins' injury. He has a team-high 24 tackles on special teams.

canters

Reaction score
With Gurode out, I hope Proctor and Bigg can handle K. Jenkins. He is the Panthers best DL at 350 lbs. and he will kil Proctor unless he gets some help.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
canters;1843006 said:
With Gurode out, I hope Proctor and Bigg can handle K. Jenkins. He is the Panthers best DL at 350 lbs. and he will kil Proctor unless he gets some help.

we will run down the line and outside to get him moving and tire him out. Plus I think being in the shotgun and throwing it quick neutralizes alot of those big guys.

Gurode, bowen and hatcher said the offense will be fine with procter and that he didnt make any mental errors against the eagles when he was in there.

TVMan

Reaction score
canters;1843006 said:

Oh boy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure Dallas will make some changes on the blocking assigments and give Proctor some help with Davis and Kosiar

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
With Romo's thumb an issue this week lets hope JJ has his one huge game in Carolina like he always does!! 23 carries 144 2 TDs

I can only dream.

links18

Reaction score
Hopefully Proctor doesn't snap the ball over Romo's head. Then again, that might just give Romo the chance for another sick play.....:bow:

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Well that all sucks . The Cowboy's first real adversity of the season . It will be interesting to see how they react .

FCBarca

Reaction score
This is Our Year;1843134 said:
With Romo's thumb an issue this week lets hope JJ has his one huge game in Carolina like he always does!! 23 carries 144 2 TDs

I can only dream.

Hopefully, this is the week pile magnet is left on the bench or brought in on some passing downs...Add to that the fact that the 'real' RB just got his Pro Bowl affirmation should underscore the absurdity of continually trying to force pile magnet into carries.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;1843154 said:
Well that all sucks . The Cowboy's first real adversity of the season . It will be interesting to see how they react .

I'd say losing one of your starting wideouts, your starting OLB, each of your starting CBs at different times counts as a little adversity.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Colo;1843161 said:
I'd say losing one of your starting wideouts, your starting OLB, each of your starting CBs at different times counts as a little adversity.

True , but they kinda new and had time to prepare for Ellis and Glenn in training camp . Newman was a bad deal and they responded well . This just seems like a lot at one time on a short week . I think they'll be fine , but am interested to see who steps up this week .

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm kind of glad to get to see Proctor in a few games. Backup C is one of the positions I'd been concerned about. We've heard a lot of good things about our backup interior lineman, but I feel better about them generally if they get at least a few games under their belt.

If Gurode only misses a game or two with the way his injury looked, we're very, very lucky. He's a player we definitely need for the playoff run.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i sure aint expecting a big game from jones @ carolina. i have lost total faith on the guy...how things can change from year one to now..unbelievable..i' still ask myself wut the hell happened to him? why did he have to get so bulked up? no need to...anyway...atleast we got barbarian!!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hopefulll Proctor is able to make the line calls, that is as big if not bigger then the physical part.

munkee

Reaction score
Interesting that he said the offense didn't throw today. Whitten said on the NFL Network that Romo threw some in practice today. Must have been individual workouts.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;1843258 said:
I'm kind of glad to get to see Proctor in a few games. Backup C is one of the positions I'd been concerned about. We've heard a lot of good things about our backup interior lineman, but I feel better about them generally if they get at least a few games under their belt.

If Gurode only misses a game or two with the way his injury looked, we're very, very lucky. He's a player we definitely need for the playoff run.

I agree with that. I want to see Proctor play some. Same with McQ. It'll also be good to see Brown out there on defense.

The fact is is the Cowboys are expected to be contenders long term then these are the types of guys that need to show something-- now.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1843297 said:
I was hoping we'd see Free or Marten active

You would if it were a tackle that was injured and not a center or even a guard.