DMN Blog: Hard Knock Notes...Hard Edit

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2:24 PM Wed, Aug 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Talked to a few sources about what Hard Knocks will look like. Most of them said the show will be funny. Expect some of the younger players to get some air time.

Rookie tight end Martellus Bennett said both of his feet are sore. He expects to practice this afternoon with some new shoes.
"Nothing major," he said.

Tony Romo said his arm is fine. He took some reduced throws in practice a few days ago. But Romo said his off-season workouts enable him to get through any soreness.

Adam Jones and Danny Amendola will probably get the bulk of the punt return duties on Saturday night in San Diego.

Just a gut feeling I have, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jay Ratliff starts at end on Saturday. I'm not sure if Tank Johnson starts at nose guard or Marcus Spears.

Jason Hatcher took some snaps with the team today despite a sore shoulder.

Quincy Butler (hamstring) needs to start practicing, like today. He's running much better in his rehab, as is Terence Newman. But Butler has to play in order to make this team.

Here's what Tony Romo had to say about cornerback Evan Oglesby:

"Evan has had a great camp, he's fundemntally sound and he's put himself in that position [to make the team]. He works really hard. I remember last year he comes up to me and asks me 'What did you do in your second year to separate yourself?' And I just told him some of the stuff that helped me to improve and get better. I don't know what he did but I do know he was up there when I'm up there late at the complex I see Evan Oglesby and I know that's a good sign.

Good to see Albert Breer of the Sporting News and Mike Freeman of CBS Sports.com doing their thing.

Hard edit

2:03 PM Wed, Aug 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

My Hard Knocks source _ Hard Throat _ claims the mad scientists at NFL Films awoke this morning, took one more look at what they thought was a finished product and decided to re-work the show.

I am not surprised. Steve Sabol, the guru at NFL Films, lives and breathes for this kind of stuff. If he had his way, he'd be editing until one minute to air.

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry