DMN: Blog: How will Cowboys handle James Harrison?

DWaremvp08

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2454835 said:
Run right at Harrison, early and often. A long time ago, Pitt had a similar OLB named Gregg Lloyd, and when we played Pitt, they would run straight at him, using Larry Allen pulling to slam the cr@p out of him. After being pancaked a few times, he lost his spirit. We need to do the same with Harrison.

The only problem with that is that the Steelers have a much better Dline now than in the 90s

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
juckie;2454953 said:
Umm Max Starks is terrible.

Yeah Max Starks....Marvel Smith.....whoever...neither one can contain DeMarcus Ware by themselves.....no chance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They need good games from the tackles and then I'd imagine they're going to try and leave Barber in, a lot, to chip at Harrison before sliding out for a dump off pass. I wouldn't be shocked to see a bit more two TE as well to try and help neutralize him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Future: Blong: How will Steelers handle DeMarcus Ware? - Dallas Cowboys Forums - CowboysZone.com - Internet Explorer provided by De

STSINAZ

Reaction score
4 Receiver Sets...that Would Get Him In Coverage Or Create Mismatches

kmd24

Reaction score
I think this is a game where Bennett could be a huge factor. With the strength of the Pitt interior DL, I think a two TE set that features runs to the outside will put a lot of pressure on their OLB to play the run and to match up in the passing game. Both Witten and Bennett are good blockers, and each of them is capable of lining up split off the line. I don't care how good Harrison and Woodley are, they won't hurt us as bad if we force them to play contain or cover instead of letting them rush the passer.

Primetime42

Reaction score
tunahelper;2454813 said:
Double TE's is the best way for us to block their OLB's. Widen them out and you can chip with Bennett/Witten.

Flo & Colombo dont move well enough to block their midget OLB's without scheming.
All day. If they decide to send both LB's, we can burn 'em.

cowboyz

Reaction score
Alexander;2454902 said:
That's nice, but Cassel is just as mobile if not moreso than Romo and he didn't exactly get away. I will also mention that Romo has shown a tendency to fumble as well, and that is what worries me more than just the traps for loss.

It is going to be a huge challenge.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/b...=NFL&year=season_2008&sort=8&timeframe=ToDate

cassel is the most sacked qb in the league

that's because he doesn't understand coverage.

romo does, plus he's slippery.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2454902 said:
That's nice, but Cassel is just as mobile if not moreso than Romo and he didn't exactly get away. I will also mention that Romo has shown a tendency to fumble as well, and that is what worries me more than just the traps for loss.

It is going to be a huge challenge.
Did you watch the game? He didn't even attempt to "get away."

BigBoy63

Reaction score
A single tight-end would work. line Cricket up on the opposite side. james harrison may be short but cricket is alot shorter also if colombo or flo get a hold on him for even a sec he can advance foward and double him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
1. Great OL play by the interior 5.
2. 2 TE sets with Barber in if necessary....watch for the delayed blitzes
3. 2 TEs in the backfield with Romo in shotgun
4. 4-5 WR sets stacked 2 and 3 deep
5. Hot reads and throws
6. Run the ball
7. Quick outs and slants under center
8. The delayed draw to MB

dfense

Reaction score
Don't be surprised to see the Cowboys use alot of two and three TE sets. They can run heavy out of it or send Bennett and Witten out in patterns. They can also max protect with it.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Steelers
Giants
Eagles
Ravens

We are about to see what Flo and Colombo are really made of. I think they will play at a very high level every game, they know it falls to them to keep TR upright. So I believe they will bring it.