DMN Blog: If Cowboys were happy with win, they had a hard time showing it

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2310836 said:
Uhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm..............we were 8-4 with the NFCE *in our laps* with 4 games to go. So what do we do subsequently??

1) We get ANNIHILATED by a depleted Saints team-No Joe Horn(Brees' safety valve), No Hollis Thomas(their big DT), and No Roman Harper(their best secondary guy)...guess what, their D STILL shuts down our O.

2) We get ANNIHILATED by a road-weary Eagles team-and no, that Eagles D wasn't very good that year.

3) We get BEAT by the LOWLY Lions.

4) Romo stinks it up, again, against a VERY depleted Hawks secondary.

So your point being? Oh yah-it's always Wade's fault, eh?

Get a clue man, really.

odog422

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2310841 said:
As long as they use it as a rallying cry and an "us-vs.-them" mentality that gets them focused, I'm all for it. :)

Agreed.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
dbair1967;2310748 said:
the problem is Wade wont get mad at the team...

they play the way he coaches...uninspired
Bingo. And when you take a 17-0 lead against a team without a win, you should bury them. But a team takes on the personality of a coach. Too much, "aww shucks" and we were "13-3"

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2310847 said:
Get a clue man, really.

Dude-you didn't answer my question.

We were 8-4 with a VERY easy 4 game stretch to end the season.

You said how you wish Parcells were still here b/c he knows how to push all the right buttons to get his players to excel and NOT eat the cheese.

With all the flack you give Wade for this, explain to me why Romo stank it up in the remaining EASY games UNDER Parcells that year??

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Maybe if Tony didn't have butter fingers, actually had some vision, and didn't vacation with his diva girlfriend in Mexico before the biggest game of the season we would cut him some slack, as well as the team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2310953 said:
Dude-you didn't answer my question.

We were 8-4 with a VERY easy 4 game stretch to end the season.

You said how you wish Parcells were still here b/c he knows how to push all the right buttons to get his players to excel and NOT eat the cheese.

With all the flack you give Wade for this, explain to me why Romo stank it up in the remaining EASY games UNDER Parcells that year??

First of all I never said I wish Bill was still here. A Paecells like? Yes.
Did Romo play those games all by his lonesome? He's more awsome than your
BatMan jammies.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hey, the Giants rode that "us against the world" to a championship and are still trying to use it for motivation this year, claiming they are disrespected as Champions thanks to people picking Dallas for the SB.

I think it's time our guys stopped playing nicey nice with the media and play with chips on their shoulders.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Boysboy;2310836 said:
Uhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm..............we were 8-4 with the NFCE *in our laps* with 4 games to go. So what do we do subsequently??

1) We get ANNIHILATED by a depleted Saints team-No Joe Horn(Brees' safety valve), No Hollis Thomas(their big DT), and No Roman Harper(their best secondary guy)...guess what, their D STILL shuts down our O.

2) We get ANNIHILATED by a road-weary Eagles team-and no, that Eagles D wasn't very good that year.

3) We get BEAT by the LOWLY Lions.

4) Romo stinks it up, again, against a VERY depleted Hawks secondary.

So your point being? Oh yah-it's always Wade's fault, eh?

Parcells also preached on penalties like no other coach in history and this team still made those foolish mistakes under him.

Wade has done a much better job avoiding this teams flaws than Parcells did, but Parcells pointed out their flaws to them and they still could never overcome it.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
As a franchise QB, Romo has to play better.

throwing a int in 8 consecutive games is a ugly stat