WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1:44 PM Mon, Dec 17, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Here's how Wade Phillips assessed the injury situation going into this week:

QB Tony Romo: The parade of "I don't know" answers went right through into today. Phillips said that the trainers will determine whether or not Romo's practice schedule will be affected by the thumb injury.

C Andre Gurode: The center had an MRI done on his left knee, and the team is awaiting results. Phillips said that Gurode is up and walking around fine, as he was in the locker room yesterday.

DE Chris Canty: The sprained left knee the defensive end suffered against the Eagles looks minor. Phillips termed Canty as "alright."

TE Anthony Fasano: The mild concussion he suffered will be further assessed, and Phillips plans to be "very careful" with him, based on it being a head injury.

S Patrick Watkins: Perhaps the most seriously injured Cowboy, the left ankle sprain that left Watkins in a walking boot last night is a reprisal of any injury he suffered earlier in the year. Phillips said he could miss a week, and if he does, it may take a couple players to replace his special teams contributions, while defensively, in the nickel, rookie Courtney Brown should take his spot.

WR Terry Glenn: According to the coach, Glenn may be ready to practice this week, with the hope that he can play some against Carolina, and more against Washington in an effort to ramp him up for the playoffs. Glenn is dealing with some swelling in his right quad, and may need to have it drained at some point if it persists over the next few days.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm not expecting much from Terry at this point, I am thanking our lucky stars that the knee injuries weren't worse. How many thought we'd lost two starters for the season? Gurode's looked especially bad the way he was writhing in pain on the floor.

Romo's injury will probably bother him for the rest of the season, I had a ligament sprain in my thumb that bothered me for well over 6 months, and the first week or so, I couldn't generate enough pressure with my thumb to pick up a bottle, much less grip and throw a football, which looked like his problem on that fumble when the ball flew out backwards before anyone got to him.

Maybe he doesn't have a ligament issue, but the way they were looking at it was the same way my doctor looked at mine, and he wrapped it up in a similar way as well. Romo already has problems gripping the ball at times, I hope we don't see a lot of fumbles come from this.

Woods

Reaction score
TheCount;1840660 said:
I'm not expecting much from Terry at this point, I am thanking our lucky stars that the knee injuries weren't worse. How many thought we'd lost two starters for the season? Gurode's looked especially bad the way he was writhing in pain on the floor.

If Terry can just get in on 10-20 offensive snaps per game, and stuff that really utilizes his skills, that would be great.

I'm still hoping he is able to practice this week and play against Carolina.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
might not be expecting much from Terry...but once again the 2nd time through the division shows you what can happen. You should not be able to get away with doubling or tripling somebody...but because Crayton does not scare anyone teams are getting away with it...we need to give Miles Austin a try....we forced the ball to TO because we wanted to appease him...until we get the extra defender off of him we have to go elsewhere with the ball

rexrobinson

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you guys are with me on this one but the injury I am most worried about is Gurode's. This guy is IMO our secret weapon on the O line. We all got a reminder of what life before him was like in that 4th quarter.

I think Romo will be fine.

Canty sounds fine.

Watkins is the other that I am worried because his cover skills have really started coming along and he is a great special teams player.

C. Brown this is your time to show us what you got!

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
"Terry Glenn plans to have his knee drained in hopes of playing against the Panthers on Saturday night.

Glenn had hoped to see some action vs. Philadelphia in Week 15, but was ruled out Friday. "If I had to play next week, I could play," he said. Glenn could come off the bench and play on passing downs if he's ready for Carolina."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DAL

Good news I guess Glenn himself pretty much said he was ready to return.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
It's a time for C. Brown to show what he has. Bit concerned with Romo's thumb injury, hope it isn't anything serious. We need healthy Gurode, hope he can get on the field soon.

Woods

Reaction score
The one thing I seem to gleen from Glenn's game is that he appears to be a perfectionist. I really don't think he would come back on the field unless he thought he had something to offer and good get the job done.

IF he does line up this week or next in live action, IMO, he believes it good enough to make a positive impact. Otherwise, I don't think he'd want to step out on the field.

I'm still optimistic that he can contribute a bit to our offense this season.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
WR Terry Glenn: According to the coach, Glenn may be ready to practice this week, with the hope that he can play some against Carolina, and more against Washington in an effort to ramp him up for the playoffs. Glenn is dealing with some swelling in his right quad, and may need to have it drained at some point if it persists over the next few days.

Sheeeeesss backkkkk!! :D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Watkins has been great covering punts and kicks, but particularly punts.

he has become very good at it in my opinion. There will be a noticeable difference on punt coverage without him.

Woods

Reaction score
Wonder how long it takes to get the MRI result on Gurode's knee? That seems to be the only outstanding injury we don't have a good handle on thus far.

(I'm assuming Tony is o.k.)

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I hope Watkins is back soon...you can see that he is a MUCH better cover safety than that other guy.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
rexrobinson;1840677 said:
I don't know how many of you guys are with me on this one but the injury I am most worried about is Gurode's. This guy is IMO our secret weapon on the O line. We all got a reminder of what life before him was like in that 4th quarter.

I think Romo will be fine.

Canty sounds fine.

Watkins is the other that I am worried because his cover skills have really started coming along and he is a great special teams player.

C. Brown this is your time to show us what you got!

I agree with you,we need Gurode!

joseephuss

Reaction score
When did Fasano get concussed? I was wondering about it since it was brought up on FOX yesterday. Was it on his reception? Was it on special teams? Was it during a block? I am just glad Witten isn't as wimpy as Fasano. Yes, that is just sarcasm.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
TheCount;1840660 said:

Romo's injury will probably bother him for the rest of the season, I had a ligament sprain in my thumb that bothered me for well over 6 months, and the first week or so, I couldn't generate enough pressure with my thumb to pick up a bottle, much less grip and throw a football, which looked like his problem on that fumble when the ball flew out backwards before anyone got to him.

Maybe he doesn't have a ligament issue, but the way they were looking at it was the same way my doctor looked at mine, and he wrapped it up in a similar way as well. Romo already has problems gripping the ball at times, I hope we don't see a lot of fumbles come from this.
There are degrees of sprains. Its not the same for everyone. I had a high sprained thumb and it affected me for only a couple of days.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dogunwo;1840881 said:
There are degrees of sprains. Its not the same for everyone. I had a high sprained thumb and it affected me for only a couple of days.

I heard Eddie tripped over the hem of his skirt once and was out for a couple of months.

Reaction score
Man they really need Glenn out there to stretch the field... He's got out of this world hands which can definitely add some fear to opposing defenses.