DMN Blog: Injury Updates (Nothing too Serious)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Injury update

7:17 PM Sun, Dec 16, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones emphasized outside the stadium tonight that the injury to Tono Romo's right thumb is a bruise and not a sprain. And the franchise's leader said he's pretty ecstatic that it's not more serious than that.

"We’re counting our blessings, one of them is that Romo won’t be having future health problems," Jones said. "That would be a bad day."

Jones added that he doesn't think injuries to C Andre Gurode (left knee sprain), DE Chris Canty (left knee sprain), S Patrick Watkins (left ankle sprain), or TE Anthony Fasano (mild concussion) will force any missed time. He did say that Gurode will have an MRI in the morning, but the feeling is he -- like his four hobbled teammates -- will be good to go on Saturday in Charlotte.

"These guys (the doctors) have a track record of being able to tell you pretty good about what you’re going to get on an MRI," Jones said.

Meanwhile, Romo didn't feel much like going into his injury, simply saying "It's fine."

Reaction score
They will be focused for that Carolina game, best believe Phillips is going to have their attention....

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Makes me much more calm hearing that. I was in gloom and doom if injuries were serious. Sure we played a bad game and Garret called a bad game. I thought he did against Lions too, no enough run.

But Without these injuries being serious, that should at least help in getting Cowboys players not eating enough cheeze.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
I still think they should be rested in the next game because this is a short week

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
It's a relief to hear that the injuries aren't serious, great news.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1838511 said:
They will be focused for that Carolina game, best believe Phillips is going to have their attention....
I honestly believe we'll lay a hurting on the Panthers.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
good news, good news

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1838511 said:

you'd have thought we'd have been focused today, considering we lucked out big time last week

I am very concerned about the rest of this yr and the playoffs..we dont appear to be a very good team right now and normally teams that go clunking and sputtering into the postseason get treated to early exits...they have two weeks to fix it

David

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838551 said:
you'd have thought we'd have been focused today, considering we lucked out big time last week

I am very concerned about the rest of this yr and the playoffs..we dont appear to be a very good team right now and normally teams that go clunking and sputtering into the postseason get treated to early exits...they have two weeks to fix it

David

You are worrying too much. Yeah they didn't play great last week BUT they still scored four TDs and won the game.

Tonight was the clunker we were due. We had won seven in a row. It is hard to win every single week. You are bound to have a bad game every once in a while.

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838551 said:

David

I'd rather this slip up occur right now instead of in the playoffs, they'll refocus.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838551 said:

David
Not necessarily. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that we will just come back in the fourth. They think we can do just enough to get by. With a loss, though that illusion should be shattered. Count me a critic if we come out flat against Carolina. But i think we come out strong.

noletime95

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838551 said:

David

I would tend to agree, but its clear the Defense WAS focused. And that was the problem unit last week. I think Dallas might have gotten a bit complacent by eeking out wins vs Buf and DET, figuring they could figure out how to win at the end if need be. A loss might have been what it takes to refocus.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
windward;1838567 said:
Not necessarily. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that we will just come back in the fourth. They think we can do just enough to get by. With a loss, though that illusion should be shattered. Count me a critic if we come out flat against Carolina. But i think we come out strong.

exactly. I think they thought well we will score that one TD, don't worry. Even Aikman and Buck were saying the Eagles will not be able to keep the offence down forever.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Whats up with Fassano's nose?

Everytime they pan in on him its bleeding on the bridge of his nose?

SlwSVT

Reaction score
Let's just hope it is not Jerry being super optimistic. Would not be the first time that Jerry has said injuries are not serious. The way Gurodes leg was bent sideways, I am definately more then worried. It would not suprise me if he is out for the year.