DMN Blog: Inside the NFL on Cowboys

bsheeern

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2431201 said:
Losing Trent Dilfer isn't the same as losing Tony Romo. And Shaun King outplayed Dilfer that season. He had a higher completion percentage, higher TD percentage, lower interception percentage, higher passer rating and lower sack percentage.

It's not difficult to win with your backup QB when he plays better than your starting QB did. (Except, that is, when you allow 45 points, as Sapp, Nickerson and company did when they got blown out by a mediocre Raiders team.) It's much more difficult to win when your backup QB plays terribly and keeps committing turnovers, which is why we went 1-2 without Romo.
Yeah that teams Tony Romo was more like Derrick Brooks, not Dilfer. I always hate it when players compare their teams to a current team. ALL teams are different. 53 different personalities on the roster plus all the coaches.

The main thing about this cowboys team I see is the writing is on the wall, it has been read and the book is yet to be finished. Our team will write the rest of this book...Its up to them at this point. When I say team I mean coaches as well. It's not gut check time its cup check time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
UVAwahoos;2432120 said:
4-2. The Arizona game has to count.

You didn't think Romo was going to get us into FG range on that drive before he hit his hand? I was sure we were going to win, and then *stunned* at the ducks and the blocked punt.

I'd say the chances were at least 50/50 we'd have been 5-1 under a healthy Romo.