DMN Blog: Jason Witten feeling better but ...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Witten feeling better but ...

2:06 PM Mon, Nov 10, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Tight end Jason Witten practiced Monday and will play but the magic of the off weekend did not heal his busted rib.

Witten, who will wear added protection around his rib cage for the second straight game, did not want to take much or any time off just so he could get back in rhythm with Tony Romo.

"I feel better but it's still there, you know?" Witten said. "But just moving around in practice I feel better and better."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite player on this team.

If we had 21 more like him we'd never lose.

:bow:

catskillthunder

Reaction score
I know that the Skins' will be doing whatever they can to try and get Witten out of there. Not saying they will play dirty, but they'll probably be looking to hit him up high when he's blocking and running routes.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
stasheroo;2411228 said:

How about 11 Wittens and 11 DWares:)

AKATheRake

Reaction score
stasheroo;2411228 said:

He's a real player and just as equal leader! Another 5 of him and we'd never lose. Imagine having 5 clutch guys like JW split on both sides of the ball. We may be developing one on the offensive side of the ball but he still needs to do his time. Felix Jones, every time he touches the ball and we need a play the kid has been clutch. So humble just like JW too.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Witten won't be right for the rest of the year, I just hope it doesn't get worse. He's looked mortal, and I'm used to Super Witten.

cowboyed

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2411211 said:
Jason Witten feeling better but ...

2:06 PM Mon, Nov 10, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Tight end Jason Witten practiced Monday and will play but the magic of the off weekend did not heal his busted rib.

Witten, who will wear added protection around his rib cage for the second straight game, did not want to take much or any time off just so he could get back in rhythm with Tony Romo.

"I feel better but it's still there, you know?" Witten said. "But just moving around in practice I feel better and better."

If they just crazy glued his rib, he would be perfectly ok.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2411356 said:
Witten won't be right for the rest of the year, I just hope it doesn't get worse. He's looked mortal, and I'm used to Super Witten.
Anybody would look mortal with BJ throwing the ball. Witten ran some good routes against the Giants, but the passes were horrible. In any event, the ribs have to bother him out there. Hopefully, somebody else will step up.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2411731 said:
Anybody would look mortal with BJ throwing the ball. Witten ran some good routes against the Giants, but the passes were horrible. In any event, the ribs have to bother him out there. Hopefully, somebody else will step up.

Witten having to stretch for those one winged ducks that BJ was chunking can do that to a receiver I'd bet.

I hope Bennett can turn out some productivity the second half of the season... That would be a big help.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2411211 said:
Did Archer really think a busted rib would heal itself over the weekend?

Givincer

Reaction score
You really can't even say enough about Jason Witten. The guy is just amazingly tough and amazingly good at the tight end position. What more could anyone want.

Boyzmamacita;2411731 said:

I agree completely. Look at some of our other "freaks" we have who look like they've been simply neutered with Johnson under center - Owens, Williams, heck I think you could even say Barber.

It's not like they're not trying. They just had someone incompetent throwing the ball to them, and in Barber's case having an incompetent passer hurt his ability to run the ball.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2411356 said:

God I hope your wrong yet you do bring a few good questions to mind.

Can we minimize the exposure to Witten? Avoid as best we can the opportunities for big hits. Perhaps be very careful with when and how often we throw to him.

Just how long do ribs take to heal? 2,4,6,weeks or longer.

How much risk is he taking? For re-injury, perhaps one that would take him out for the year?

Section446

Reaction score
TheCount;2411356 said:
Witten at 50% is still better than 90% of the TE's in the league.

Givincer

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2412090 said:
Can we minimize the exposure to Witten? Avoid as best we can the opportunities for big hits. Perhaps be very careful with when and how often we throw to him.

Just how long do ribs take to heal? 2,4,6,weeks or longer.

How much risk is he taking? For re-injury, perhaps one that would take him out for the year?

Unfortunately, with the tight situation we've put ourselves in at 5-4, I think we need to take every first down Mr. Witten can get us. And having Williams and Owens on the outside I think will certainly open up even more opportunities for him. I really hope it he can handle the load.

But something tells me he'll be able to. I mean, this is the toughest player on the team. Now that I say that, it's not that much of a compliment. :laugh2:

So I'll go further than that, since I have to in order to make my point... he's one of the toughest players in the league.