DMN: BLOG: Jay Novacek to be honored

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Jay Novacek to be honored

9:15 AM Thu, Sep 11, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer

Former Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek will be honored at his alma mater, Wyoming, on Saturday for his upcoming induction in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Novacek will be presented a plaque that will be on permanent display at the school. In his three years at Wyoming Novacek had 83 catches for 1,536 yards and 10 touchdowns. In 1984 he set an NCAA record for yards per catch by a tight end (22.6). And something I didn't know, he set the school decathlon records.

The Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which will also include Troy Aikman, takes place Dec. 9 in New York.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40;2252375 said:
The Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which will also include Troy Aikman, takes place Dec. 9 in New York.
I wonder if Aikman will introduce him? Maybe it'll be his college coach or someone else, but I can't think of anyone more fitting to do it than Troy. Those two were one of the best quarterback/tight end duos of all-time, in my opinion.

peck-sicilyisland

Reaction score
That's a good thing for a good guy.I use to work with him doing his football camp as a guest coach,he took time for every kid that camp to the camp,and made sure every coach had a great time while working the camp.I am a great fan of The Check.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
DallasEast;2252386 said:
I wonder if Aikman will introduce him? Maybe it'll be his college coach or someone else, but I can't think of anyone more fitting to do it than Troy. Those two were one of the best quarterback/tight end duos of all-time, in my opinion.

I'm with you DE...

khiladi

Reaction score
DallasEast;2252386 said:

While most people tend to think of the Big-3, I call it the Big-4. Jay Novacek was Aikman's security blanket and he made big catch after big catch. We have been trying to find the next Novacek for years and we finally got him in Witten.

Brandon4Cowboys

Reaction score
DallasEast;2252386 said:

we share the same opinion. :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
khiladi;2252395 said:
While most people tend to think of the Big-3, I call it the Big-4. Jay Novacek was Aikman's security blanket and he made big catch after big catch. We have been trying to find the next Novacek for years and we finally got him in Witten.
:hammer:

And to think, we stole Witten. He should've been a first rounder.

DeepBleu

Reaction score
so novacek went to wyoming and play pro ball with dallas, that makes him a two timing cowboy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peck-sicilyisland;2252392 said:
That's a good thing for a good guy.I use to work with him doing his football camp as a guest coach,he took time for every kid that camp to the camp,and made sure every coach had a great time while working the camp.I am a great fan of The Check.
Great post. Thank you for sharing that info.

Brandon4Cowboys

Reaction score
DeepBleu;2252423 said:
so novacek went to wyoming and play pro ball with dallas, that makes him a two timing cowboy.

the dude is all cowboy. he showed up to our Tom Thumb for an autograph session wearing a big duster thingy, boots, and a HUGE cowboy hat. He is a great guy indeed. stayed longer than originally planned to sign.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm happy for him, and glad to see him be honored, but it seems to me he's going into the college football hall of fame for what he did in the pros cause 83 catches for 1500+ yards and 10 TDs sure doesn't sound like Hall of Fame worthy numbers, even for a college player.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Wyoming fans will all get cleaned up for the event. Mud will be knocked off of all the boots, and the stray clumps of wool will be cleaned off of all the oversized belt buckles.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
DallasEast;2252386 said:

Nice thought.

That would be interesting to see numbers on Tieght End catches and the QB's who threw to them.
Just like they always show the Montana and Rice numbers.

Maybe one of the research analyists out there coud do that.