DMN Blog: Jenkins impresses Giants coordinator

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jenkins impresses Giants coordinator

1:41 PM Fri, Oct 31, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

There's a perception that New York should be able to pick on the Cowboys young secondary at will.

Two things: the Cowboys front seven factors into that equation, and just because the Cowboys secondary is young doesn't mean it can't play.

"They also have that first round pick who has maybe as good of feet as you are going to see on anybody,'' offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said.

"Everybody that is dismissing him, I wish he was hurt and we wouldn't have to go against him.''

Gilbridge was kidding _ we think.

That first round pick, by the way, is Mike Jenkins.

"He is a terrific young player and that front is outstanding,'' Gillbride said.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

JBS

Reaction score
he must be talking about that kid from South Florida - I believe most people on here already wrote that guy off as a bust after the rams game. lol

ddh33

Reaction score
Awesome. Jenkins does have some kind of burst too. That guy closes about as well as anyone.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I don't know how you can mention Jenkins w/o also mentioning Scandrick. He is the real gem of the draft because #1s are supposed to be good.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Don't buy the propaganda.

They will come after you.

Get ready, Mike Jenkins and make them pay.

ddh33

Reaction score
Oh, I've got no doubt that the Giants - probably more than any other team - are going to go hard after those rookies. They are going to use their aggression against them, and they are going to try to get them with some double moves.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
41gy#;2387358 said:
Don't buy the propaganda.

They will come after you.

Get ready, Mike Jenkins and make them pay.

Yup!

Don't believe the hype, they're coming after him and him alone.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
dmq;2387087 said:
I don't know how you can mention Jenkins w/o also mentioning Scandrick. He is the real gem of the draft because #1s are supposed to be good.

I agree that Scandrick should be mentioned as well.

But lot's of first round picks who were supposed to be good, aren't.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33;2387376 said:
Oh, I've got no doubt that the Giants - probably more than any other team - are going to go hard after those rookies. They are going to use their aggression against them, and they are going to try to get them with some double moves.

This is where the front 7 neede to step it up. Get Eli out of his game, get him rattled.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I don't get the consensus that rookies are supposed to be superstars their first year in the league.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Tenkamenin;2387389 said:
Yup!

the giants will go after who they always go after first. Anthony henry.

they have had great success, thank you tom hicks.....at throwing at 42.

That is the key to the game tomorrow, not giving up the deep ball early. That will set the tone. If they make a big play early, we are going to get killed....if jenkins, henry or scandrick break up a deep pass early that may temporarily discourage the giants from repeatedly throwing deep.

it would be nice if a safety on this team could break up a pass or make an interception, but that is too much to ask so it is all on the cornerbacks tomorrow.

If jenkins looks lost and we see smith or burress standing in the endzone on the opening drive, brace yourself for a long day.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
They went after Reeves and never stopped. Henry got beat by Plaxico. And the safeties.

The soft spot is now the safeties. They have got to help those guys out when and if they do get beat over the top and in the soft spot of that cover two. They need to separate some balls from some players.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Hostile;2388130 said:
I keep saying it. Jenkins has been our best CB.

I haven't seen it. Then again I really see the field as a whole and don't really notice individual players so much, so I'll take your word for it.

gmoney112

Reaction score
jenkins and scandrick are bad mofos! glad we got them. when tnew gets back this secondary will be scary. now if only philips will have the stones to move henry down the depth chart.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Jenkins and Scandrick are learning under fire. This is the perfect situation for them and I think they'll come up big tomorrow.

Now if we could only get Bollinger in the game we might have a chance...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Tenkamenin;2387389 said:
Yup!

They have a very good WR corp and both Smith and Plaxico can have a big game. Right now Smith may be more dangerous. They will go after Jenkins, Scandrick and Henry. Two are rookies and the other is not 100%. That is not the best although Scandrick doesn't play like a rookie and Jenkins appears to have caught up to him.

Bleu Star;2388373 said:
Jenkins and Scandrick are learning under fire. This is the perfect situation for them and I think they'll come up big tomorrow.

Now if we could only get Bollinger in the game we might have a chance...

I like both our rookie CBs. A lot. I think they will do well also but I don't know if they can throw a shutout.

Be careful what you wish for with Bollinger.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I like Jenkins and Scandrick as well, not too mention our 5th cornerback, Ball. He looked pretty good last week as well. IMO when comes to these young cb's, the quicker you throw em into the fire, the better the Cowboy's D will be in the long run.