DMN Blog:Jerry Jones has taken off his rose-colored glasses

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
8:29 PM Sun, Nov 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
You won't find many folks more optimistic than Jerry Jones. Heck, the guy talked this week about how much a win over the Giants would mean to the Cowboys when it was clear as day that the Romo-less road team had a butt kickin' coming their way.

But a 5-4 record -- and three losses in the last four games -- has slapped some reality into him. He knows his team is in big trouble.

"I'm not looking through rose-colored glasses as to where we might be at the last game of the year, whether we'll be watching on television or playing in it," Jerry said in the Cowboys' locker room. "You give me the playoffs, and I'll take it tonight."

Jerry said he's "inspired" about Tony Romo's impending return. But he's also realistic about it. He's well aware that it'd be silly to think that Romo will immediately get in a groove, especially since he's never worked with WR Roy Williams. And it's not like quarterbacking is the Cowboys' only problem.

"Right now, we stink across the board," Patrick Crayton said, summing up the situation quite well.

"If you think you're sailing easy into the harbor, then you really aren't being realistic," Jerry said. "We've got a lot of work and a lot of challenges ahead. Again, getting the guys we've got back really coordinated and playing as a team will be a major challenge. But we do have those people we have to at least work with that can change the way we're playing right now. That have the potential - players, talent - that can change.

"If we play a team like the Giants, a team like we're going to be playing in our next seven ballgames, if that's enough ... I don't know."

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2393829 said:
DMN Blog:Jerry Jones has taken off his rose-colored glasses"

Hopefully, he is replacing them with his coach-firing glasses.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Maybe he should take off his coaching feather boa and his GM turtle neck.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Good, Now retire as GM.

Get out of the way and let football people run the orginazation.

and of course that will never happen.

by wednesday he will be talking about how close to being the best team in the league we are.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If you are serious Jerry, then put aside your "glasses" and ask for Jimmy's help the rest of the season.

Bring lots of money, and chap stick.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Same GM that traded 1/2 of next years draft for a WR that really is no better than Crayton/Austin.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Nors;2393877 said:
Same GM that traded 1/2 of next years draft for a WR that really is no better than Crayton/Austin.

I can not wait for Romo to get back so that he can get in there and start hitting these guys, when they're open, instead of watching morons stand back there and throw piss poor passes all day long.

Reaction score
Well Jerry Jones needs to get out his prescription glasses and see clearly that Wade Phillips is not the answer and fire his ***!

notherbob

Reaction score
If he had hired Dom Capers instead of Stewart, he would already have a capable replacement for Wade already on staff; obviously, Garrett isn't ready yet.

Let's be real, Jerry is the head coach of this team, Wade is simply the chief assistant coach.

OTOH - I seriously doubt any coach worth hiring would work for Jerry anymore unless he was just looking for a last big payday before retiring.

JMO

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Again, getting the guys we've got back really coordinated and playing as a team will be a major challenge

Jerry is missing the WHOLE entire point. Wade is not capable of getting anything coordinated or playing well. This team is unorganized, unprepared and unequipped to play on a weekly basis and it has been getting worse and worse each week that he has been the coach of this team.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2393886 said:
I can not wait for Romo to get back so that he can get in there and start hitting these guys, when they're open, instead of watching morons stand back there and throw piss poor passes all day long.

Nors is just upset his team couldn't finish undefeated last year.

sbark

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2393886 said:

If the OLine can up the ante..........our OLine has gone from a top 5 unit as proclaimed by some announcer early on.......to middle of the pack at best...

Romo is probably working on upping his insurance levels while out......

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2393925 said:
Nors is just upset his team couldn't finish undefeated last year.

Seriously - stay to topic discussion??????
Amazing people are allowed to totally hijack threads and go off topic like this -

utrunner07

Reaction score
notherbob;2393917 said:
Let's be real, Jerry is the head coach of this team, Wade is simply the chief assistant coach.

Glad others are starting to see the truth...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nors;2393959 said:
Seriously - stay to topic discussion??????
Amazing people are allowed to totally hijack threads and go off topic like this -

What's amazing is that people still think you're a Cowboys fan.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
notherbob;2393917 said:
If he had hired Dom Capers instead of Stewart, he would already have a capable replacement for Wade already on staff; obviously, Garrett isn't ready yet.

OTOH - I seriously doubt any coach worth hiring would work for Jerry anymore unless he was just looking for a last big payday before retiring.

JMO

I was strongly FOR the Capers hire and was just as upset w/Jerry letting Stewart (of all people) dictate whether he was hired or not.

But Capers is NOT the answer for HC. Yes, he has experience and some success in the playoffs, but the guy is much better as a DC than a HC (see Houston).

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2393829 said:

"If we play a team like the Giants, a team like we're going to be playing in our next seven ballgames, if that's enough ... I don't know."

Did Jerry just admit that he doesnt know if we can beat anybody left on our schedule???

WOW:eek: