DMN Blog:Jerry Jones has taken off his rose-colored glasses

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nors;2393959 said:
Seriously - stay to topic discussion??????
Amazing people are allowed to totally hijack threads and go off topic like this -

From what I read, this thread was about Jerry coming back to earth.......

Why did you even mention the Roy Williams trade?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Nors;2393877 said:
Same GM that traded 1/2 of next years draft for a WR that really is no better than Crayton/Austin.

Qualify this statement, please.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Nors;2393877 said:
Same GM that traded 1/2 of next years draft for a WR that really is no better than Crayton/Austin.

Any real offensive coach would destroy offenses with T.O, Witten and RW. Crayton or Austin are nowhere RW's league. The more I see the guy get opportunities the more I believe he is actually underrated. He is going to make the ctaches that comehis way. We would never get this level of talent in the draft where we'd be.

We do need players on our defensive line though. That's our glaring need on this team and a real leader on the defense. Any above average OC would marvel over the players we have on offense. Next year barring injury RW will be in the pro bowl.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BAT;2393985 said:
I was strongly FOR the Capers hire and was just as upset w/Jerry letting Stewart (of all people) dictate whether he was hired or not.

But Capers is NOT the answer for HC. Yes, he has experience and some success in the playoffs, but the guy is much better as a DC than a HC (see Houston).

Steve Spagnuolo for HC please. Give him the power to hire his own staff.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sbark;2393939 said:
If the OLine can up the ante..........our OLine has gone from a top 5 unit as proclaimed by some announcer early on.......to middle of the pack at best...

Romo is probably working on upping his insurance levels while out......

I don't view this OL as playing middle of the road. They are worse than that and they are severely overrated on the whole.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BAT;2393985 said:
I was strongly FOR the Capers hire and was just as upset w/Jerry letting Stewart (of all people) dictate whether he was hired or not.

But Capers is NOT the answer for HC. Yes, he has experience and some success in the playoffs, but the guy is much better as a DC than a HC (see Houston).

So is Phillips.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Nors;2393959 said:
Seriously - stay to topic discussion??????
Amazing people are allowed to totally hijack threads and go off topic like this -

Ok,

This team DID need RW #11. And Bollinger wasn't BAD, unlike BrAD. He had very little time to throw when given the opportunity (OL was pathetic) and running what like 4 draws in a row??? Come on.

I love the RW signing, and gives us two legit #1 receivers. Crayton is a good slot receiver, and Austin has speed. I think FINALLY we have a core there that won't get TO doubled (or tripled) on every play.

Brooks can throw the ball. Serviceable backup IMO. Receivers are fine. I think this team was always built with the mindset that we are going to put up lots of points knowing the D is usually good for a quarter or two.

We just never imagined the OL would collapse AND that Brad can't even throw a five yard checkdown or move a yard or two out of the way of a DL coming in to hit him.

kevwun

Reaction score
Roy Williams has glue hands. It will be fun to watch when Romo gets back.