DMN: Blog: Jerry Jones hasn't given 'one ounce of consideration' to firing W Phillips

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
MONT17;2416992 said:
Jerry is the greatest owner in sports but as a GM u have to know every player on the 53 not just the STARS! Jerry is not that type of GM hence no backup players worth playing! Jerry doesn't care about the backup center he didn't even care about the backup QB until about a month ago! Someone should ask Jerry what's more important, Video board or Backup QB?

He is the greatest owner in sports, Worst GM in sports too!

you my friend are clueless!
HJerry was the one who wanted to bring in Chris Simms but the coaching staff who he has to believe in said Brad Johnson can still get it done, YOU as a COWBOYS fan before you call Jerry out on that should get your FACTS STRAIGHT!

Jerry doesn't care about BACKUP Center and what not?
WHAT?
Jerry as a G.M. has built a POWERHOUSE football team with roughly 18 past or current pro-bowl players with a ton of other top players on top of that, he's built a great team that should win a few superbowls the next 5 years, I wouldn't want any other owner in ANY other sport to run this team.
I love how fast some fans turn on us because we had a MASSIVE injury bug this year. LOL
Sorry Jerry couldn't add ANOTHER PRO-BOWLER to be the BACKUP CENTER! LOL
How many top flight players do you want the man to bring in here before you give him credit for building what should be a dynasty over the next 5-7 years.

burmafrd

Reaction score
A DYNASTY has to win championships. Just like the Eagles were NOT a dynasty 2000-2004 because they did not win the SB it will be the same with us if we do not win a SB. The only team that did not win a SB that I would call a dynasty was the Bills of the 1990's. Making it to 4 SBs and missing out on winning at least one due to a bad kick qualifies them in my mind. Just as I would have called the late 60's to mid 70's Minnesota Vikings a dynasty- getting to 4 sbs and losing them came close enough to me.

kramskoi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2416699 said:
What did they think Jerry was going to say? "Yes, in fact, if Wade doesn't lead us to the Superbowl that I'm firing him in the offseason."

Of course he said he hasn't thought about it or gave it consideration. That doesn't mean, for one second, that he hasn't already decided Wade's fate and just isn't going to be tacky and talk about it before the season is over.
correct, because if Dallas fails to make the playoffs with the type of offense they currently field i'm having an increasingly difficult time envisioning Phillips continuing on has head coach. Jones has to say what he said to give Phillips every opportunity to succeed this year.