DMN: Blog: Jerry Jones: 'I'm firmly with Brad'

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: 'I'm firmly with Brad'

7:08 PM Thu, Oct 30, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis

Owner Jerry Jones said backup quarterback Brad Johnson gives the Cowboys their best shot to beat the Giants on Sunday.

"I'm firmly with Brad. It wouldn't be sound at all not to go with Brad," Jones said Thursday night outside the American Airlines Center. Jones was there to help announce that 2010 NBA All-Star Game will be at the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington.

"Our best chance is to have him start and have him execute well."

Jones also trusts coach Wade Phillips and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett to make the right decision if they thought switching to third-stringer Brooks Bollinger was necessary. They're the ones who know Johnson and Bollinger best.

"Those guys have a good feel, and I really do respect that and wouldn't touch that chemistry there," Jones said.

"I'm totally and completely satisfied with their timing on any decision they make regarding quarterback."

Johnson, who is 72-52 in 17 years as a starter, overthrew several receivers against Tampa Bay and finished with just 122 yards. Bollinger is more mobile, but he just started getting minimal work with the first-team offense this week.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'm done overreacting

starting Brad just makes more sense

or maybe I'm just accepting?

silver

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2385905 said:
I'm done overreacting

starting Brad just makes more sense

or maybe I'm just accepting?

we are all accepting. but he's coming out for sure if he stinks the joint. if it's a close game were stuck with gramps just like we did vs tampa

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Are you sure Jerry?

[youtube]guc4WTeWkMM[/youtube]

Didn't sound like you were in this mindset on Sunday night, lol.

Mansta54

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2386002 said:
With Brad Johnson starting there's no chance for Dallas to win on the road.

I wouldn't say NO CHANCE but he has to be more accurate....

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Bout time he's not talking like the coach. Looks like he got his assss straightened out as well after the win.

Bout time a big business move (2010 NBA finals) came about so that the coaches could focus on getting this team preapared. I still do love Jerry though, no owner wants to win like him. No owner is better at doing NFL business.

Check Johnson's career W-L stats, that's just about 2-1 in the W-L column. So far he's 1-1. Can he do us 2-1? We have a shot despite what the mass' think. I'm putting $100 for the Boys to cover. Small safe bet. Make money folks in these hard times.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He's just saying the opposite to keep the Giants off;)

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Nors;2386022 said:

21,000 posts and they think you're not a Cowboys fan. You are, just afraid to confirm it. Enjoy our triumph this weekend.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2386020 said:
Bout time he's not talking like the coach. Looks like he got his assss straightened out as well after the win.
Are you sure? I can't believe he said "Those guys have a good feel, and I really do respect that and wouldn't touch that chemistry there," Jones said.

Wow, whatta guy respecting his coaches and not insisting someone start.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2385929 said:
Are you sure Jerry?

[youtube]guc4WTeWkMM[/youtube]

Didn't sound like you were in this mindset on Sunday night, lol.

Proof Jerrys an ***:liarliar:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Boy the term "The most popular guy on the team is the backup quarterback" rings true when I see all of these Brad Johnson Threads.

Brooks Bollinger is a 3rd String Journeyman for a reason.

They should prep Bollinger, but Brad Johnson should definately start.

Givincer

Reaction score
We'll see how firmly he's with Brad when it is 21 to zero 10 minutes into the first quarter.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
we should not even be discussing Brad Johnson on our roster.