DMN: Blog: Jerry Jones: 'I'm firmly with Brad'

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
Have faith in Brad. He may actually have a good game. I blame most of it on Garrett and his 15 yard pass play calls all the time. They need to let Brad dink and dunk it down the field. He can do that. But the plays have to be called.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cbz40;2385901 said:
Jerry Jones: 'I'm firmly with Brad'

Liar. Backpeddling, two-faced(literally) waste of a "GM". Too late for the PC answers, Jerry. YOU blew it by impersonating a "GM".

Cbz40;2385901 said:
7:08 PM Thu, Oct 30, 2008 |
Owner Jerry Jones said backup quarterback Brad Johnson gives the Cowboys their best shot to beat the Giants on Sunday.

He has no choice but to save face with comments like this. It's on his shoulders but yet he subtley places it on the coaches as if he has nothing to do with EITHER of them when crap hits the fan. QB or coach.

Cbz40;2385901 said:
"I'm firmly with Brad.

WTH?!!?? At least get football lingo right. I'm firmly with Brad? This is why he needs to seek an intervention.

Cbz40;2385901 said:
It wouldn't be sound at all not to go with Brad," Jones said

You sure? Of course not. You OK'd it, preseason, between all the pimpin' you need attend to. OH....SHI...............T.

Cbz40;2385901 said:
Thursday night outside the American Airlines Center. Jones was there to help announce that 2010 NBA All-Star Game

LOOK AT ME................ Jones knows roundball. Too.

Cbz40;2385901 said:
"Our best chance is to have him start and have him execute well."

Revelation. Where the hell have I been?

Cbz40;2385901 said:
Jones also trusts coach Wade Phillips and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett to make the right decision if they thought switching to third-stringer Brooks Bollinger was necessary. They're the ones who know Johnson and Bollinger best.

I may take this with a grain of salt. WAIT!!! Jerry was the one confronting the team after the Rams' loss. Cop out. Great "CYA" Jerry Jones.

Cbz40;2385901 said:
"Those guys have a good feel, and I really do respect that and wouldn't touch that chemistry there," Jones said.

There isn't a ONE of us on this board nor the millions of (sober) fans that buys this. You're as transparent as your skin tuck. THEEE perfect used car salesman. The WWF NEEDS you Jerry Jones.

Cbz40;2385901 said:
"I'm totally and completely satisfied with their timing on any decision they make regarding quarterback."

:lmao2: ..............:lmao: ............... I...I can't breathe...........

AKATheRake;2386020 said:
Bout time he's not talking like the coach. Looks like he got his assss straightened out as well after the win.

Of course not. It's CYA time, my friend. This mess is on the coaches. NOT the GM, right? :lmao:

AKATheRake;2386020 said:
Bout time a big business move (2010 NBA finals) came about so that the coaches could focus on getting this team preapared. I still do love Jerry though, no owner wants to win like him. No owner is better at doing NFL business.

Stephen?

You're right. NO owner wants to win like Jerry. I'll say it for the millionth time.....................he doesn't know how.

Chocolate Lab;2386048 said:
Are you sure? I can't believe he said "Those guys have a good feel, and I really do respect that and wouldn't touch that chemistry there," Jones said.

Wow, whatta guy respecting his coaches and not insisting someone start.

Jerry doesn't have a clue. He's well placing the blame for further massacres. That he, as "GM", has nothing to do with.

I'm so frustrated with Jerry reverting back to the middle 90's, yet this time he's dug a deeper hole, way in over his head and he's found new ways to twist the truth thinking we as fans are as dumb as his spin.

Nors;2386113 said:
we should not even be discussing Brad Johnson on our roster.

That's what Jerry is so eloquently trying to "delegate".

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Brad will paly until he tinks up the joint.Then,Brooks will come in and work mop up duty,and take his lumps.I'd like to see one of them throw a pass further than 15 yards deep!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
It is the best decision Zoners......and all of you know I cannot stand Brad as our qb......but, in our situation....he is our best chane to win

Givincer

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2386446 said:
It is the best decision Zoners......and all of you know I cannot stand Brad as our qb......but, in our situation....he is our best chane to win

But, how do you know?

I mean honestly, if he's our best "chance" to win, then we have no chance to win.

I'm hard pressed to believe Bollinger (or any other quarterback in the NFL) couldn't average more than 3 YPA with the most talented offense in the league.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Does not appear Jerry is trying to be the coach of this team and is putting the responsiblity where it belongs and that is with his coach.

Seven

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2386471 said:
Does not appear Jerry is trying to be the coach of this team and is putting the responsiblity where it belongs and that is with his coach.

Of course he's not trying to be the coach of this team. NOW. It's FUBAR'd and he's tip-toeing away thinking of another meaning for the letters "GM".

The blame should be on the coaches. Problem is our owner/GM brought 'em all in here. That takes us right back to square one.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He's firmly behind him...unless Dallas falls behind by 10 on Sunday and Johnson is still playing like he has the last two games. Then he'll be firmly behind Brooks for the rest of that game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seven;2386530 said:
Of course he's not trying to be the coach of this team. NOW. It's FUBAR'd and he's tip-toeing away thinking of another meaning for the letters "GM".

The blame should be on the coaches. Problem is our owner/GM brought 'em all in here. That takes us right back to square one.

Yes he did bring these coaches here and the team showed vast improvement last season and while things are bumpy right now the season is not over and to make any true judgement or evlaution of any coach you need to see what they do over the course of a season. Instead of the knee jerk reaction at every turn as many around here do. Within a season many teams will go through lows and highs seldom will you see a team put together a run like the Pats did last year. SB champs Giants sure as hell did not look like SB contenders at this time last season but they put it together and got the job done.

Seven

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2386601 said:
Yes he did bring these coaches here and the team showed vast improvement last season and while things are bumpy right now the season is not over and to make any true judgement or evlaution of any coach you need to see what they do over the course of a season. Instead of the knee jerk reaction at every turn as many around here do. Within a season many teams will go through lows and highs seldom will you see a team put together a run like the Pats did last year. SB champs Giants sure as hell did not look like SB contenders at this time last season but they put it together and got the job done.

No problems here with the coaches. It's Jerry. Plain and simple. I read and understood your post and while I agree, it's still Jerry. That's my issue.

I think I've wasted enough MB space on this topic. He ain't going anywhere.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seven;2386616 said:
No problems here with the coaches. It's Jerry. Plain and simple. I read and understood your post and while I agree, it's still Jerry. That's my issue.

I think I've wasted enough MB space on this topic. He ain't going anywhere.

Jerry is letting the coach’s coach and as any other GM he is involved with the team. No doubt Jerry can is a risk taker and some of the risk pay off such as TO others like Pacman has not but Jerry is not going to sit idle in trying to help get this team back to the top.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
I stoped taking that article seriously when it said Johnson "over threw several recievers". I didnt know that was even possible.

MONT17

Reaction score
Brooks has had 2months to show he is bettr than brad. So that tells me 1 of 2 things either Brooks sux or he is stupid and can't learn garretts O. Always remember If they don't play its for a reason.

odog422

Reaction score
MONT17;2386777 said:
Brooks has had 2months to show he is bettr than brad. So that tells me 1 of 2 things either Brooks sux or he is stupid and can't learn garretts O. Always remember If they don't play its for a reason.

Not neccesarily. Yes, he's had to do classroom work to understand the O, but I seriously doubt he's had any opportunity to apply it. And definitely not with the first team.

Most likely, Brad has been running scout as the back-up, and any throwing Bollinger has done has been drill work. Hard to leap frog the back-up. Especially during the season. Training camp would be different.