DMN: Blog: Jerry remembers 2007 ...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Jerry remembers 2007 ...

10:34 PM Sun, Jan 13, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Because 2008 is really hard to wrap his head around right now.

"This is a first," Jones said, "when we had a team that had the kind of ability that this team had, not to be able to push this thing to a championship game."

As you can imagine, Jerry wasn't too interested in reflection tonight. We posted earlier that he plans on sticking by Wade Phillips as his head coach.

But at the same time, he knows how much the 13-3 season is devalued by going one-and-done in the playoffs.

"I don’t want to take anything away from our regular season tonight," Jones said. "But our undoing here tonight undid a lot of things we had a lot of pride in. These players have a right to enjoy their individual honors, but everyone one of them would trade that to be playing here next week. This is very hard."

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
We need players with attitude Jerry. Fix it!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
he also called it the most dissapointing loss since he bought the team.

I feel just as bad, it is the most dissapointed in the performance of this team I have had since the loss to the panthers.

to play bad fundamental football at home in the playoffs really is inexcusable.

I like this core group of players as much as any I have ever watched. They have alot of years left together. I am behind them 110%.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theebs;1901472 said:

I feel just as bad, it is the most dissapointed in the performance of this team I have had since the loss to the panthers.

I like this core group of players as much as any I have ever watched. They have alot of years left together. I am behind them 110%.
:hammer:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
theebs;1901472 said:

I can see how it might be the most dissapointing loss but until this team developes a killer instinct in December and January it won't be his last. Very few changes are needed but the ones that need addressed are glaring.

DboyzFanAlec

Reaction score
how many of us cried afterwards? I'll admit, a tear trickled down my cheek when romo threw that INT.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
"This is a first," Jones said, "when we had a team that had the kind of ability that this team had, not to be able to push this thing to a championship game."

Seems like Jerry is pointing the finger at coaching, talent wasnt the problem. Consider this the first shot across the bow of USS Wade.

I think Wade gets one more year and if we get bounced again, so does Wade. While Wade was not thrown under the bus, Jerry should did give him a push in front of it.

My .02

TheHerd

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1901486 said:
I can see how it might be the most dissapointing loss but until this team developes a killer instinct in December and January it won't be his last. Very few changes are needed but the ones that need addressed are glaring.

This is 100% the only point we need to address. The season ends on Super Bowl Sunday when the clock reads 0:00 and not a second before. Every play before that is a critical play.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1901526 said:
Seems like Jerry is pointing the finger at coaching, talent wasnt the problem. Consider this the first shot across the bow of USS Wade.
Maybe. Or maybe it was a shot at Garrett. Wade's defense made two huge 3 and out stops at the end of the game to give the offense opportunities to win the game. The offense was so completely inept it was almost comical.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theogt;1901594 said:
Maybe. Or maybe it was a shot at Garrett. Wade's defense made two huge 3 and out stops at the end of the game to give the offense opportunities to win the game. The offense was so completely inept it was almost comical.
No No No!!! The meme is that our defense sucks and cost us the game.

As a corollary Wade is a bum and needs to be fired ASAP.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
theogt;1901594 said:

:hammer:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
windward;1901602 said:
No No No!!! The meme is that our defense sucks and cost us the game.

As a corollary Wade is a bum and needs to be fired ASAP.

I hardly call those big time stops....it's not like the Giants were running there normal offense.
To me driving allowing your opponent to drive seventy plus yards in under fifty seconds is far more embarrasing than anything the offense did or didn't do.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1901746 said:
I hardly call those big time stops....it's not like the Giants were running there normal offense.
To me driving allowing your opponent to drive seventy plus yards in under fifty seconds is far more embarrasing than anything the offense did or didn't do.
Yeah one bad drive is indicative of how we played.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theebs;1901472 said:

we can fix this. instant gratification will just have to wait a little longer.

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
theogt;1901594 said:

NOTHING can make up for Wade's defense giving up a touchdown in 47 seconds to end the first half. We were going to go into halftime up 14-7, getting the ball in the second half and that just killed ALL momentum. You could just see that the life had been sucked out of the team after NYG scored that TD.

So yeah, the D did well in the second half, but its collapse in the first half was really the backbreaker.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;1901792 said:
NOTHING can make up for Wade's defense giving up a touchdown in 47 seconds to end the first half. We were going to go into halftime up 14-7, getting the ball in the second half and that just killed ALL momentum. You could just see that the life had been sucked out of the team after NYG scored that TD.

So yeah, the D did well in the second half, but its collapse in the first half was really the backbreaker.

why? cause you need it to be?

we had TWO chances at the end of the game because of that D.

period.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;1901792 said:

So if we scored it could not have made up for the defense allowing the touchdown. Do you read what you type?

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
iceberg;1901796 said:
why? cause you need it to be?

we had TWO chances at the end of the game because of that D.

period.

It should have never had to come down to that. If they had played like a championship defense at the end of the first half the game would have been, for all intents and purposes, over.

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
windward;1901804 said:
So if we scored it could not have made up for the defense allowing the touchdown. Do you read what you type?

No, if we won the game it couldn't have made up for it. How the hell can you have any faith in your defense when it just completely folds like that? Especially since we all know the history of what a fraud this D is.