DMN: Blog: Jerry remembers 2007 ...

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I really believed that we were going to score when we got that ball back the last drive. I always believed that we would do it.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;1901811 said:
No, if we won the game it couldn't have made up for it. How the hell can you have any faith in your defense when it just completely folds like that? Especially since we all know the history of what a fraud this D is.
Now you've backed up ridiculous comment with an even more ridiculous post.

If we had outscored the Giants say, 17-3 in the second half no one would give a rat's arse about that drive. By definition, that would have made up for that drive. No one would care. Except you, who never sees the forest for the trees

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
windward;1901823 said:
Now you've backed up ridiculous comment with an even more ridiculous post.

If we had outscored the Giants say, 17-3 in the second half no one would give a rat's arse about that drive. By definition, that would have made up for that drive. No one would care. Except you, who never sees the forest for the trees

How did I know my buddy Windward would be following me around again like a lapdog. It's like clockwork.

It's only a ridiculous comment to nimrod homers who sat behind their silver and blue colored glasses and screamed out "13-3!!!111 I DONT CARE WAT U SAY WE'RE 13-3!!!!!" the last two weeks when it was clear this team was in trouble.

Since you love rhetorical questions, here's one for you - if we outscored the Giants and won, would that have made you forget about the defensive collapse in the first half? Would you have gone into the GB game completely confident in a defense that showed it can be scored on in a matter of seconds against a GB team that can score in a matter of seconds?

BTW, one of the only reasons the defense "stepped up" in the second half is because Coughlin's Parcellian coaching style came out, running the ball up the gut on nearly every play. Playing not to lose.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;1901839 said:
How did I know my buddy Windward would be following me around again like a lapdog. It's like clockwork.

It's only a ridiculous comment to nimrod homers who sat behind their silver and blue colored glasses and screamed out "13-3!!!111 I DONT CARE WAT U SAY WE'RE 13-3!!!!!" the last two weeks when it was clear this team was in trouble.

Since you love rhetorical questions, here's one for you - if we outscored the Giants and won, would that have made you forget about the defensive collapse in the first half? Would you have gone into the GB game completely confident in a defense that showed it can be scored on in a matter of seconds against a GB team that can score in a matter of seconds?

BTW, one of the only reasons the defense "stepped up" in the second half is because Coughlin's Parcellian coaching style came out, running the ball up the gut on nearly every play. Playing not to lose.
You're right nothing we can possibly do that can ever erase our extreme suckitude.

You may possibly be the most pessimistic person on this board.

btw that end of the half score did not lose the game for us by any means. We had numerous opportunites to take the lead but the offense did not step up.

and I don't follow you around, pal.

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
windward;1901859 said:
You're right nothing we can possibly do that can ever erase our extreme suckitude.

You may possibly be the most pessimistic person on this board.

btw that end of the half score did not lose the game for us by any means. We had numerous opportunites to take the lead but the offense did not step up.

and I don't follow you around, pal.

I don't get what's so hard for you to understand about this. If Jacque Reeves had made a game winning INT at the end of the game, would that have made up for him sucking the rest of the game in your eyes? OR would you have gone into the next game worried about the other team picking him apart?

Winning the game was the goal and it would have taken a lot of pressure off the defense if we did, but regardless, the collapse at the end of the first half still happened and looms LARGE.

And you don't follow me around? Could have fooled me..