WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jim Zorn worried about Tony Romo's legs

10:18 AM Thu, Nov 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Jim Zorn played 10 seasons in the NFL and knows a thing or twelve about playing quarterback. He is in the Seahawks' Ring of Honor after all. He played once with a torn ligament on his ring finger and expects Tony Romo, who has missed the last three games with a fractured right pinky, to be fine for Sunday.

Zorn is not as worried ab out Romo's right arm as he is his legs.

"With Tony, the thing that he hasn't injured is his feet," Zorn said. "I think that he's a very dangerous player with his feet. I'm not talking about scrambling and pounding out yardage. I'm talking about keeping the play alive by moving around. With the little finger, it's critical. Everything is critical about a quarterback's arm and hand and all that, but he'll be able top check the ball down if he needs to as well. Knowing he's going to be on the field is something that we have to seriously pay attention to no matter what his finger is like."

Romo was sacked seven times in six games and three times the line didn't give up a sack. Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger were sacked 10 times in three games. Romo's ability to feel pressure helps the line.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Romo: it's not the finger, it's the feet
8:44 AM Thu, Nov 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore E-mail News tips

Tony Romo hasn't played in a game in more than a month. He has a fractured finger on his throwing hand.

Washington coach Jim Zorn knows all this. But Zorn, a former NFL quarterback himself, points to something Romo has going for him.

"He doesn't have anything wrong with his feet,'' Zorn said. "He's very good with his feet. He'll keep plays alive. They'll have somebody underneath for him to dump it off. So if he can't crank one out with his little finger, somebody will be there for him.

"Will he be a little rusty or whatever? I don't know. I think he's a really good quarterback. Those guys that come back in, they have a tendency to pick up where they left off.''

So Zorn believes Romo's mobility will mitigate any limitation linked to his fractured finger?

"He buys time,'' Zorn said, "and that has nothing to do with his little finger.''

Comments (5) Leave comment | E-mail entry

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Jim Zorn is the first Commander coach I have ever liked and admired.

...Don't kill me.

Phoward12

Reaction score
CowboyMike;2416190 said:
Jim Zorn is the first Commander coach I have ever liked and admired.

...Don't kill me.

You didn't admire Joe Gibbs? Not even a little?;)

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Phoward12;2416213 said:
You didn't admire Joe Gibbs? Not even a little?;)

something about Zorn is just so likable even when hes angry...

http://i330.***BLOCKED***/albums/l406/RealityTVLounge/serious-face1.jpg

found this on the net