DMN Blog: John Madden likes the Eagles; Cowboys fans should root for the Giants

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2408963 said:
True.

Manning could get injured tonight and things would really get turned upside down.

Stranger things have happened.
Could I have convinced you that after starting 3-0 with wins over the eagles and packers, that we would lose 4 of our next 6?

How could this possibly happen? INJURIES! Enough of them to the right players will turn any SB contender into a pretender.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What if we end up somehow with the 2nd best record in the NFC and the Giants finish 1st?

Would we both get a bye?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CATCH17;2409020 said:
What if we end up somehow with the 2nd best record in the NFC and the Giants finish 1st?

Would we both get a bye?

Nope.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
rocyaice;2409047 said:
Yea don't only division winners get bye's?

1 and 2 seed get bye. 3rd plays 6th. 4th plays 5th.
1st gets lowest seeded winner, 2nd gets the other.
The higher seeded team in the game plays at home.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2409055 said:
1 and 2 seed get bye. 3rd plays 6th. 4th plays 5th.
1st gets lowest seeded winner, 2nd gets the other.
The higher seeded team in the game plays at home.

Oh okay. Thanks for the info.

scottsp

Reaction score
New York has a stronghold on this division, and we won't be catching them. It's all about Big Blue today. Hope so anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
scottsp;2409076 said:
New York has a stronghold on this division, and we won't be catching them. It's all about Big Blue today. Hope so anyway.

I've seen a Giants team start off 6-2 and end the season 10-6. I wouldn't give them the division that fast. Not to mention they have the hardest schedule of any team in the league. They're going to lose some games. Question is how many. I'd probably say 4 tops. I could see them losin' 2 more though.

scottsp

Reaction score
rocyaice;2409078 said:
I've seen a Giants team start off 6-2 and end the season 10-6. I wouldn't give them the division that fast. Not to mention they have the hardest schedule of any team in the league. They're going to lose some games. Question is how many. I'd probably say 4 tops. I could see them losin' 2 more though.

Fair enough. I feel pretty solid about their chances. I would much rather they run away with the division while handing the Eagles a loss today.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
CATCH17;2408931 said:
So is there a chance we will get any home playoff games?

unfortunately, this team could be watching the playoffs from home. all of these scenario's mean little if we continue to play poorly.

hopefully I am wrong and our team shows up next week hungry, humbled, and ready for revenge against the foreskins. that is the first step to righting the ship.