DMN Blog: Lawyer: Adam 'Pacman' Jones fabricated story about shooter

Bizwah

Reaction score
dargonking999;2176840 said:
He was suspended for the season, and then the commissioner would then review the case and if he felt that Adam met all the criteria for reinstatement, Adam would be reinstated to the league.

In his list of criteria no where did it specify the "Las Vegas trial not dragging your name through the mud"

goodell can't prevent reinstatment because Adam's case is bringing back memories of the shooting, that would have nothing to do with Adam now. He was suspended for a year for that event, and you can't continue to punish a guy just because someone is reminiding you of it.

Goodell is concerned about the image of the NFL. Some of his moves haven't been logical. In some cases they've been overreactions.

To me, every time there's something in the news about this shooting, it makes Goodell think twice about reinstatement.

I think our coaching staff is smart to proceed as if we won't have him.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Bizwah;2176805 said:
Hey, he's done everything right so far.

But this trial may get ugly. If Adam gets drug in the mud....which is going to happen, then Goodell will think it makes his league look bad.

Disagree -- I think if Goodell keeps him out when everyone accepts that Pacman has paid his dues and has kept his nose clean for an entire year and expects him to get reinstated, it's going to make Goodell look bad, and by extension, the league.

It would look like he's got a personal gripe or agenda against Pacman and he doesn't want that, believe me.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
On a really wild note.... I just found out today that my son's teacher is the wife of Mr. Tommy Urbanski whom was the fellow that got shot in this incident. What a small world.

Bizwah

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176854 said:
Disagree -- I think if Goodell keeps him out when everyone accepts that Pacman has paid his dues and has kept his nose clean for an entire year and expects him to get reinstated, it's going to make Goodell look bad, and by extension, the league.

It would look like he's got a personal gripe or agenda against Pacman and he doesn't want that, believe me.

I hope you're right.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Bizwah;2176865 said:
I hope you're right.

The police have investigated this thoroughly and they found zero evidence linking Pacman to this shooting. It's fun for the media to continue to try and do so, but that doesn't make it any closer to the reality.

Pacman pleaded down to a misdemeanor, if Goodell keeps him out for the beginning of this year, he's got some serious issues on his hands. Marshawn Lynch hit a woman with his car, injured her, and drove off.

Goodell has a law degree, he is not stupid enough to go down this path. The NFL's code of conduct will only get him so far, unfairly preventing someone from earning a living is a discriminatory practice and his code of conduct won't be worth the paper it's printed on.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2176786 said:
man just let it go.

Are you talking about the Edwards guy? If so, would you let it go if he really DID fabricate it? :confused:

I'm not saying Jones did but I sure as hell would do anything to get a reduced sentence :D

juck

Reaction score
What fathoms me is MARCH 2 court date?wow.thats far off the season will be over by then.lol:D

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;2176896 said:
Are you talking about the Edwards guy? If so, would you let it go if he really DID fabricate it? :confused:

I'm not saying Jones did but I sure as hell would do anything to get a reduced sentence :D

This is obv a last ditch efforts by a man facing serious jail time. He did what he did and he needs to live with it.

Godell is a tool there would be no reason for him not reinstate pacman if this is enough for pacman not to be reinstated then Lynch should have gotten suspended for the hit and run.

Spectre

Reaction score
Would any of you be so quick to defend Jones if he were, say... still a Titan?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
What is the proof of all this nonsense, all this is, he say she say, and I believe some people are mad that Adam Jones is getting on with the better part of his life now.

burmafrd

Reaction score
NFL security is very good- and they have really good connections with the FBI. And they make it a point to check things out 7 different ways. As long as they give Goodell the word that Pacman is clean then its not a problem.

How do you know a politician or lawyer is lying?

Their lips are moving.