DMN Blog: Looks like Ellis will play, Newman Too

Haley94

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/

Looks like Ellis will play

OLB Greg Ellis is wearing silver britches and has tape on his hands, so it looks like he'll play for the first time since rupturing his Achilles tendon in November.

Not so sure about CB Terence Newman. He's running around in shorts and a T-shirt

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's what the local broadcast just said as well. Outstanding!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I cannot wait to see Ellis, Ware, and wonderkid Spencer all out there at the same time........

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
OT: I wish ESPN would go ahead and run the Romo/Aikman/Staubach piece. I don't want to watch them any more than I have to. Knowing them, they'll tease it until 11:45.

I would much rather watch Fox.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Big Shot Blurbs

Ellis Active Against Rams

Greg Ellis is expected to make his long-awaited season debut against the Rams.

The veteran linebacker is active for the first time since suffering a season-ending torn Achilles' tendon last November against Arizona. Rookie Anthony Spencer will start again on the strong side, but look for Ellis to play in nickel situations.

Cornerback Terence Newman also is active, but likely will play only in nickel situations again. Jacques Reeves will start again at left cornerback.

Other inactives include S Courtney Brown (biceps), S Keith Davis (shoulder), FB Oliver Hoyte (neck), G Joe Berger, OT Doug Free, OT James Marten, WR Terry Glenn (knee) and WR Isaiah Stanback.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
peplaw06;1676757 said:
OT: I wish ESPN would go ahead and run the Romo/Aikman/Staubach piece. I don't want to watch them any more than I have to. Knowing them, they'll tease it until 11:45.

I would much rather watch Fox.
Yeah, no kidding. I thought they were going to show the piece around 10:30 or so but they can't stop talking about Brett Favre.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
What is Stanback adding to our roster? Guess the return skills are not as advertised.

My take is Ellis playing means Carp likely not seeing field. We need to watch ST coverage closely. We are going to have newbies in roles today that might bite us!

Parakeete needs to step up for us today on ST

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;1676775 said:
What is Stanback adding to our roster? Guess the return skills are not as advertised.

My take is Ellis playing means Carp likely not seeing field. We need to watch ST coverage closely. We are going to have newbies in roles today that might bite us!

Parakeete needs to step up for us today on ST
I think Carp sees the field on ST where because KD is out, he will have more value.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only in the nickel but the real question is how effective will he be? As I've mentioned before we need Ellis to be effective not just suit up and play.