DMN Blog: Looks like Ellis will play, Newman Too

arglebargle

Reaction score
Nors;1676775 said:
What is Stanback adding to our roster? Guess the return skills are not as advertised.

My take is Ellis playing means Carp likely not seeing field. We need to watch ST coverage closely. We are going to have newbies in roles today that might bite us!

Parakeete needs to step up for us today on ST

Stanback is an investment. We'll find out what he can do if we have another injury to a WR. He was out for much of training camp, and switching positions. Since Glenn is pretty much gone next year, Stanback is an athlete who can be tried in his place. And he won't be a rookie then.

Clearly, Stanback has to offer more to the team than Crayton, Thompson, or Austin on special teams, and at present, he doesn't.

Good point on the special teams; there will be new guys in, let's hope they show up well....

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1676811 said:
Only in the nickel but the real question is how effective will he be? As I've mentioned before we need Ellis to be effective not just suit up and play.

I believe he'll be effective once the competitive juices get flowing!

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Looks like Stanback is still learning the playbook.

Good to see Ellis suit up.

J-DOG

Reaction score
peplaw06;1676757 said:
OT: I wish ESPN would go ahead and run the Romo/Aikman/Staubach piece. I don't want to watch them any more than I have to. Knowing them, they'll tease it until 11:45.

I would much rather watch Fox.
Yeah that's par for the course with ESPN and anything having to do with Dallas is concerned.
ESPN pregame show just seems played out to me.
Same style and format forever it seems.
Personally, I would get rid of Berman and start changing things after that.