DMN Blog: Madden thinks Bears are 'measuring stick' for Romo

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NBC's John Madden told reporters on a conference call today that he thinks Tony Romo looks like an elite quarterback. But Madden wants to see what Romo does against the Bears before breaking out the anointing oil.

"Tony Romo, right now, is on top of the heap as a quarterback," Madden said. "I mean, he's doing everything darn near perfectly, but when you play this Bears defense, believe me, this defense is for real and they don't give you anything. I think this game is a measuring stick for Tony Romo."

Romo can prove that he's a legit Pro Bowler with a spectacular performance Sunday night. If he struggles, no biggie. A bunch of good QBs have had bad days against the Bears.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:55 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Ken

Reaction score
I agree with him.

I have been looking to this game for a litmus test for Romo since the schedule came out. Last week was a pre-test, this week is the test.

I am hoping he plays well. Doesn't have to dominate, but he needs to make plays and be efficient.

He cannott afford to implode this game.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I hate there Zone Coverage......i can see a ton of drops....i hope not

Hoov

Reaction score
speaking of madden, did anyone see last comic standing last night when the guy was doing a madden interpretation of the two comics going head to head ?

Thought it was pretty good.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Romo can prove that he's a legit Pro Bowler with a spectacular performance Sunday night. If he struggles, no biggie. A bunch of good QBs have had bad days against the Bears.
That's the way I feel about the whole team this week. If we win, it's a big feather in our cap. If we lose, we lost on the road to one of the better teams in the conference -- and we're still 2-1. It's almost a no-lose situation unless we play just horribly and get blown out.

ddh33

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1658008 said:
That's the way I feel about the whole team this week. If we win, it's a big feather in our cap. If we lose, we lost on the road to one of the better teams in the conference -- and we're still 2-1. It's almost a no-lose situation unless we play just horribly and get blown out.

So why do I not at all expect that response from most after the game, if the Cowboys lose?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as he doesn't throw more than one pick, I'll be happy.

Woods

Reaction score
Idgit;1658180 said:
As long as he doesn't throw more than one pick, I'll be happy.

That's the key. We have to protect the football. First and foremost. Otherwise this game can get ugly quickly. If we get behind early, the defense is just going to tee off on Romo.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1658197 said:
That's the key. We have to protect the football. First and foremost. Otherwise this game can get ugly quickly. If we get behind early, the defense is just going to tee off on Romo.

The same happened to the Saints and Hawks-they TO'd the ball early, and they just couldn't find their rhythm thereafter.

Woods

Reaction score
TunaFan33;1658209 said:
The same happened to the Saints and Hawks-they TO'd the ball early, and they just couldn't find their rhythm thereafter.

Last season the Bears were especially good at stripping the football and causing TOs.

marchetta

Reaction score
Woods;1658217 said:
Last season the Bears were especially good at stripping the football and causing TOs.

Yeah, that's their fav thing to do on D. They love to gang tackle you with a some players holding you up and the rest pulling at the ball. This really concerns me with a healthy Crayton, and scares me to death with a injured-hand Crayton. If he carries it like a loaf of bread, look for him to put 1-2 balls on the ground.

Wood

Reaction score
Has any QB had a good game against the Bears defense since last year??

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Romo can't be expected to carry this team. IMO this game is just as big for the staff. Parcells and his coaches coudn't make adjustments and in some cases, like down the stretch EVERY YEAR, they didn't even game plan well. If this staff has the goods to go into Chicago with the game plan to beat them, i'll be very relieved.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Well since we are discussing measuring sticks....This game is as much a measuring stick for our OL as it is Tony.

If the OL can half way protect and run block just enough to keep the Bear's D honest..Tony will pass the test w/flying colors.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
He can't play back yard footabll like he did last week and throw a ball up for grabs in the endzone as he's going out of bounds or we will be in trouble. He has to be Aikman like efficient and not get impatient.