DMN Blog: Madden thinks Bears are 'measuring stick' for Romo

FCBarca

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1658008 said:
That's the way I feel about the whole team this week. If we win, it's a big feather in our cap. If we lose, we lost on the road to one of the better teams in the conference -- and we're still 2-1. It's almost a no-lose situation unless we play just horribly and get blown out.

Precisely my sentiments as well...And Madden pretty much stated the obvious really...Personally, I expect Dallas to beat Chicago...It's a great test and one I expect them to rise to.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
edit: posted in the wrong thread.

*Curses the conveniences of tabbed browsing**

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Cbz40;1658275 said:
Well since we are discussing measuring sticks....This game is as much a measuring stick for our OL as it is Tony.

If the OL can half way protect and run block just enough to keep the Bear's D honest..Tony will pass the test w/flying colors.
I think you are absolutely correct.

J-DOG

Reaction score
I agree with Madden.
If Romo tries to juke and fake out too much then I can see him turning over the ball against this fast defense.
The big difference in this game as opposed to the other 2 we played is the Bears speed on defense. They have speed all over that defense.
I'm curious to see what Jason Garrett has cooked up for this game.

Mansta54

Reaction score
J-DOG;1658512 said:
I agree with Madden.
If Romo tries to juke and fake out too much then I can see him turning over the ball against this fast defense.
The big difference in this game as opposed to the other 2 we played is the Bears speed on defense. They have speed all over that defense.
I'm curious to see what Jason Garrett has cooked up for this game.

This is why we'll beat the Bears....

Reaction score
Indeed this will be tough test against that defense but I think Romo & Co. will meet that challenge head on!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Agree with Madden. No biggie. Ain't nobody scared of the Bears. Anybody who's going into the game expecting a loss needs to check their chest for their heart. I also agree with the talking-heads on the Jen Engle show .... this game is strength against strength. And weakness against weakness. I think our weakness will be getting better every week. I'll take our weak against their mental midget 4 times out of 5.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about the Bears offense as well. Rex Grossman tends to fling the ball downfield or at least he did that a lot last year. How many times have we seen a ball go up for grabs against our defense and by some miracle, the offense always seems to come down with it?

A situation just like that keeps flashing through my head...

yennor24

Reaction score
What did Jimmy say in the 92 NFC championship game?? When you take on the gorilla you hit him with every thing you got....Or something like that lol