DMN Blog: Marion Barber doesn't practice again

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marion Barber doesn't practice again

11:27 AM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Just like the rest of the week, Marion Barber (dislocated pinkie toe) isn't practicing today. He wasn't working out on the side field, either.

We won't know Barber's status until hours before kickoff Sunday. The team's athletic training staff and equipment crew continue to try to come up with the best possible way to protect his toe.

OLB DeMarcus Ware (hypextended left knee) looked fine at practice for the second consecutive day.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (7) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
not good news. we needed to have Coleman more involved & ready to go.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
no problem...the Cowboys know injuries happen...that is why Choice has gotten enough reps to be ready to contribute if we had an injury. And since Felix has been out...the Cowboys have been getting someone else ready to back up Choice if Choice had to start in place of Barber. Not a problem, we are ready to go. Didn't you see all those other RBs get meaningful reps while we were blowing San Fran and Seattle out of the water?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2462488 said:
not workling with the trainers is what bothers me

From the way things have been going, staying away from the trainers is the best way for him to get healthy unless he wants to turn that dislocated pinkie toe into a broken leg.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462497 said:
no problem...the Cowboys know injuries happen...that is why Choice has gotten enough reps to be ready to contribute if we had an injury. And since Felix has been out...the Cowboys have been getting someone else ready to back up Choice if Choice had to start in place of Barber. Not a problem, we are ready to go. Didn't you see all those other RBs get meaningful reps while we were blowing San Fran and Seattle out of the water?

Omg, what is up with people's overreactions....we are going to be fine. Having Ware is much more crucial than having Barber in my opinion. Choice has shown in the limited carries he has gotten that he is quite capable.

Unprepared is when we were running Aveion Cason and Troy Hambrick and Michael Wiley and the like out there. Geez.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Why did we think his dislocated toe would be hunky dory after ten mere days? And who says hunky dory anymore? Old people, that's who.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I wish Romo had problems with his pinkie toe and Barber had problems with his pinkie finger. Then we wouldn't be in this mess we are in.

There has to be a joke in this somewhere, but you won't see me laughing. :mad:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Predictable. When he didn't practice yesterday, it was a foregone conclusion that Choice would have to be the guy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2462488 said:

I doubt that the trainers outside can do much for his toe - he's likely inside getting treatment.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
bbgun;2462518 said:
Why did we think his dislocated toe would be hunky dory after ten mere days? And who says hunky dory anymore? Old people, that's who.

You know, this is an issue with this team - the complete and absolute refusal to admit when someone needs to be shut down. I think it screws the focus of the guys behind them

bigE79

Reaction score
I dont care what the mediots write but if any of you really think MB3 is not going to play your nuts.all i think is going on is we dont want to tip our hand to the SQEALLERS...we all remember PORTIS and that torn fingernail or whatever he had torn and how much practice he missed and blah blah blah...you get the point:star:

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
TheCount;2462507 said:
From the way things have been going, staying away from the trainers is the best way for him to get healthy unless he wants to turn that dislocated pinkie toe into a broken leg.

LMAO!

But on a serious note, if Barber can't go, let's hope Choice is working on a lot of blitz pick up this week.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2462524 said:
I doubt that the trainers outside can do much for his toe - he's likely inside getting treatment.

It's not like you can rehab a toe (I think). He'd be better off on a stationary bike than out running around on the field (I think).

I'm no doctor, but it would seem that the only issue is pain tolerance. If they tape it up and shoot it up, I would think he could play on it Sunday.

MrMom

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2462550 said:
It's not like you can rehab a toe (I think). He'd be better off on a stationary bike than out running around on the field (I think).

I'm no doctor, but it would seem that the only issue is pain tolerance. If they tape it up and shoot it up, I would think he could play on it Sunday.

Last Sunday on NFLN Gameday Highlights, Sapp and Deion thought that he would be fine with a pinky toe injury. As they both said it's just a matter of Barber's pain threshold. I think we'll see Barber playing Sun.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2462488 said:

Where did it say he was not working with the trainers? Is that in another article? I see where he is not doing any work on the side fields, but with this type of injury it is probably just good to rest it as much as possible.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
MrMom;2462623 said:
Last Sunday on NFLN Gameday Highlights, Sapp and Deion thought that he would be fine with a pinky toe injury. As they both said it's just a matter of Barber's pain threshold. I think we'll see Barber playing Sun.

But that's just it, there doesn't need to be any pain threshold whatsoever (although I'm sure MBIII's is pretty high).

Modern medicine can make all the pain go away. All of it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MySa Blog

Making the shoe fit
One of the reasons the Cowboys are hesitant to say for certain what Marion Barber's status will be for Sunday's game is that they still don't have his special shoe ready.

The training staff is preparing a shoe to accomodate Barber's dislocated right pinkie toe.

"They're still working on the shoe and how to shape it or splint it or cast it or whatever they are going to do with it," Phillips said this morning.