DMN: Blog: Maroney, Light make the trip

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
October 13, 2007

Maroney, Light make the trip

Patriots RB Laurence Maroney and LT Matt Light have made the trip to Dallas for tomorrow's game, so the chance remains both will play. The Patriots downgraded backup OT Wesley Britt and special teamer Mel Mitchell to "out."

Coach Bill Belichick said on Friday that Maroney would be a game-time decision, as he heals an injured groin. It's important to remember here that Maroney made the trip to Cincinnati two weeks ago and didn't play, so it's possible he won't be healthy enough to go when a final decision needs to be made.

Light missed practice and his weekly radio appearance on ESPN Radio Boston on Friday, after coming down with the flu. His presence is important, since chances are he'll be drawing DeMarcus Ware plenty in pass protection. Of course, as is the case with Maroney, his travel doesn't necessarily mean he'll play.

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 8:44 PM (E-mail this entry)

Angus

Reaction score
Maroney, Light make the trip

Patriots RB Laurence Maroney and LT Matt Light have made the trip to Dallas for tomorrow's game, so the chance remains both will play. The Patriots downgraded backup OT Wesley Britt and special teamer Mel Mitchell to "out."

Coach Bill Belichick said on Friday that Maroney would be a game-time decision, as he heals an injured groin. It's important to remember here that Maroney made the trip to Cincinnati two weeks ago and didn't play, so it's possible he won't be healthy enough to go when a final decision needs to be made.

Light missed practice and his weekly radio appearance on ESPN Radio Boston on Friday, after coming down with the flu. His presence is important, since chances are he'll be drawing DeMarcus Ware plenty in pass protection. Of course, as is the case with Maroney, his travel doesn't necessarily mean he'll play.

Posted by Albert Breer at 8:44 PM

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
I hope Ware is fully prepared for Light-any idiot should know a simple IV shot would cure flu-like symptoms.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1704957 said:
belicheat and his last minute injury reports:laugh2:

I think T. Brady is also Game time decision. :D :laugh2:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1704976 said:
Ware will test his flu bug for sure tomorrow!

RomoFan4ever;1705014 said:
I hope Ware is fully prepared for Light-any idiot should know a simple IV shot would cure flu-like symptoms.

I hope he doesn't give Ware the flu!!!:laugh2:

bobtheflob

Reaction score
From what I've read it sounds like Maroney will most likely play but in limited capacity. Probably doesn't make much of a difference, with Brady plus that offensive line, any running back is as good as any other in that system anyway.

Besides, we all know who the better Minnesota RB is.