WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL Network's Faulk on verge of igniting controversy

10:08 AM Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

During an otherwise staid NFL Network conference call to hype Saturday's Ravens-Cowboys game, Marshall Faulk took the Dallas-Fort Worth media to task.

According to Faulk, the Dallas media has been too soft on offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and too tough on defensive coordinator Brian Stewart.

He also thinks that after Sunday's victory over the Giants, the media lobbed softball questions at Tony Romo and asked Terrell Owens "all the hard questions."

He phrased the questions for Owens as "like pouring lighter fluid, trying to strike a match."
Conference calls are the worst forum for trying to talk to someone. I am going to try to call Faulk later for clarification

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
They might as well take the star off the helmet and put a picture of T.O. on there.

its sickening.

superpunk

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2501633 said:
According to Faulk, the Dallas media has been too soft on offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and too tough on defensive coordinator Brian Stewart.

He also thinks that after Sunday's victory over the Giants, the media lobbed softball questions at Tony Romo and asked Terrell Owens "all the hard questions."
I don't want to be "that guy" here, but I'm noticing a trend in Marshall's "observations".

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2501655 said:
I don't want to be "that guy" here, but I'm noticing a trend in Marshall's "observations".
I immediately noticed the same thing. The media doesn't want to go there, so they won't be responding.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When Tony was being asked these question of last week events during his post game interview Romo joked and played it off that is one big reason the media stopped asking him, Romo was not giving them any ammo they could use. TO while he had the right to call out Werder only helped to keep the question going.

jzcowboy

Reaction score
superpunk;2501655 said:
Could it also have to do with his defense of Jamarcus Russel a few weeks ago? Even when a novice football mind knows that Russel is not good.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2501678 said:
When Tony was being asked these question of last week events during his post game interview Romo joked and played it off that is one big reason the media stopped asking him, Romo was not giving them any ammo they could use. TO while he had the right to call out Werder only helped to keep the question going.

Good observation.

I like the way Tony handles questions. He acknowledges the controversy, but in a joking way. It's natural for the media to like him because he's disarming in a nice way.

And I agree with Faulk. The media do pick on T.O., but that's because they know he can't resist. I just wish he could learn not to take the bait.

But that's like wishing a straight man won't get excited by nude pictures of Pamela Anderson.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Faulk is playing the race card. I've noticed he often does it in subtle ways without coming right out and saying what he is really thinking.

I don't know what planet Faulk lives on but Garrett has been ripped by the media and fans this season every bit as much as Stewart. Race has nothing to do with criticism of coaches. The fans want results.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2501633 said:
NFL Network's Faulk on verge of igniting controversy

10:08 AM Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

During an otherwise staid NFL Network conference call to hype Saturday's Ravens-Cowboys game, Marshall Faulk took the Dallas-Fort Worth media to task.

He phrased the questions for Owens as "like pouring lighter fluid, trying to strike a match."
Conference calls are the worst forum for trying to talk to someone. I am going to try to call Faulk later for clarification

I usually disagree with Faulk but I think he is dead on!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2501688 said:
Good observation.

I like the way Tony handles questions. He acknowledges the controversy, but in a joking way. It's natural for the media to like him because he's disarming in a nice way.

And I agree with Faulk. The media do pick on T.O., but that's because they know he can't resist. I just wish he could learn not to take the bait.

But that's like wishing a straight man won't get excited by nude pictures of Pamela Anderson.

I think that is the key, If TO would just make light of it and move on these question would die down, you don't have to respond to all controversy being reported just let it go laugh it off and move on. Romo on the other hand will come off with some joking remark and makes light of the situation because it is a no win situation to begin with. The media will always get the last word so best advice is don't take the bait.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2501655 said:

Rich Eisen never says racist things.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Well, it seems that during the whole controversy the media decided in advance that TO was the culprit behind everything going on and that Romo and Witten were the victims of his attacks. When you have that type of scenario the "guilty" party will get badgered while the "innocent victims" get consoled. We may have witnessed a little of that after the Sunday night game.

Now, I can't speak on the Garrett vs. Stewart situation. I just know that Garrett hasn't gotten demoted so maybe he is performing a little better. That might be why the media's not as rough on him..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kidcrook;2501765 said:
Well, it seems that during the whole controversy the media decided in advance that TO was the culprit behind everything going on and that Romo and Witten were the victims of his attacks. When you have that type of scenario the "guilty" party will get badgered while the "innocent victims" get consoled. We may have witnessed a little of that after the Sunday night game.

Now, I can't speak on the Garrett vs. Stewart situation. I just know that Garrett hasn't gotten demoted so maybe he is performing a little better. That might be why the media's not as rough on him..

Well the fact that neither Romo or Witten would even address the issue during the week is a big reason. TO continues the battle even today, he needs to let it go if he doesn't then the media is going to continue with this story.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
superpunk;2501655 said:

I'm somewhat of an outsider, because I don't see Faulk or the MFL network; how is Faulk and his observations?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
I really have to hand it to the NFL Network's reporting/coverage of this whole incident. Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Steve Marriuchi have been quite objective in their coverage. It's the only sports-coverage-forun left anywhere where you can get objective perspective on the Cowboys. And that's not because they're being pro-Dallas, because they are not. In fact there have been many times when they have beeen critical, and have done it when it was/is rightfully due. Tht's what I like about their coverage. They have no agenda other than to be as objective as possible in their coverage. It really is honest and refreshing!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why is it that everytime a black player sticks up for another black player he's using the race card? Is Faulk wrong? Has Garrett not sucked? And while I don't know how much credit Stewart deserves for this defense he is the defensive coordinator. Did TO not get the hard questions? Isn't Romo hispanic? How does that work in the battle of the black man vs the white man? I just hate how these past couple of days when a black guy sticks up for another black guy its because he's being racist.

superpunk

Reaction score
rocyaice;2501869 said:
Why is it that everytime a black player sticks up for another black player he's using the race card? Is Faulk wrong? Has Garrett not sucked? And while I don't know how much credit Stewart deserves for this defense he is the defensive coordinator. Did TO not get the hard questions? Isn't Romo hispanic? How does that work in the battle of the black man vs the white man? I just hate how these past couple of days when a black guy sticks up for another black guy its because he's being racist.

It's not the past few days, just this instance.

In this case, Romo, Garrett, Stewart, and Owens have all been taking heat. 3 out of the 4 since the Pitt game, Stewart since he had playcalling duties (seemingly rightfully) stripped from him. In both cases, Faulk claimed that the black player/coach was getting a raw deal and the white player/coach was being let off the hook.

It's just not so, in this instance. They're all taking alot of heat. Maybe Marshall's observations were just a coincidence. The way it was put makes me feel like it wasn't, whether he did it consciously or otherwise.

khiladi

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2501692 said:
Faulk is playing the race card. I've noticed he often does it in subtle ways without coming right out and saying what he is really thinking.

I don't know what planet Faulk lives on but Garrett has been ripped by the media and fans this season every bit as much as Stewart. Race has nothing to do with criticism of coaches. The fans want results.

No, he hasn't...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2501798 said:
I really have to hand it to the NFL Network's reporting/coverage of this whole incident. Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Steve Marriuchi have been quite objective in their coverage. It's the only sports-coverage-forun left anywhere where you can get objective perspective on the Cowboys. And that's not because they're being pro-Dallas, because they are not. In fact there have been many times when they have beeen critical, and have done it when it was/is rightfully due. Tht's what I like about their coverage. They have no agenda other than to be as objective as possible in their coverage. It really is honest and refreshing!

It's all a matter of perspective. Deion is too pro-player, especially when it comes to Cowboys. That doesn't sound or look like objectivity to me.

But, again, it's all about perspective.