DMN Blog: Marshall Faulk questions DFW Media

tyke1doe

Reaction score
khiladi;2501887 said:
No, he hasn't...

I think he has. Garrett has been criticized for not running more slants and not creating schemes to get T.O. the ball.

But we know he's not going to get demoted because he's the coach-in-waiting.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
rocyaice;2501869 said:
Why is it that everytime a black player sticks up for another black player he's using the race card? Is Faulk wrong? Has Garrett not sucked? And while I don't know how much credit Stewart deserves for this defense he is the defensive coordinator. Did TO not get the hard questions? Isn't Romo hispanic? How does that work in the battle of the black man vs the white man? I just hate how these past couple of days when a black guy sticks up for another black guy its because he's being racist.

I said it in another thread and was told I had faulty logic. But the reality is this ... the players are more aware of the black-white dynamic than the average fan.

Now, they (the players) may be overreacting, but they're sensitive to it because they see differences in criticism and coverage and process that through the filter through which they evaluate life - and that filter ultimately is race.

I've seen it with almost every team I've been associated with with where there are equal numbers of blacks and whites.

That doesn't mean racism is involved, but whether people like to admit it or not many people still see the world in black and white.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2501633 said:
NFL Network's Faulk on verge of igniting controversy

10:08 AM Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

During an otherwise staid NFL Network conference call to hype Saturday's Ravens-Cowboys game, Marshall Faulk took the Dallas-Fort Worth media to task.

According to Faulk, the Dallas media has been too soft on offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and too tough on defensive coordinator Brian Stewart.

He also thinks that after Sunday's victory over the Giants, the media lobbed softball questions at Tony Romo and asked Terrell Owens "all the hard questions."

He phrased the questions for Owens as "like pouring lighter fluid, trying to strike a match."
Conference calls are the worst forum for trying to talk to someone. I am going to try to call Faulk later for clarification

As are most clueless folks...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Marshall "Over the Hill" Faulk might have a point.

I am JG's biggest fan, yet I have noticed that his honeymoon in Dallas has been extended by the media.

I am Stew's biggest critic, yet I have noticed an avalanche of criticism by the media. But it was warranted because Stew verged on incompetent. And who gave him his break in Dallas? It was Charles Barkley, that's who. Oh, I mean Wade gave him his big break.

Marshall, contact me. I have some conspiracy theories to share with you.