WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike Jenkins to start vs. Chargers

5:11 PM Wed, Aug 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

For all those wondering if Adam Jones will start in Saturday's preseason opener, take heed of this from coach Wade Phillips.

First-round draft pick Mike Jenkins will start at the left corner position opposite Anthony Henry when the Cowboys send the first team out against the Chargers.

Jones has been playing strictly right corner, and Phillips wants him to learn the position before they try moving him around. Expect to see Jones after the first quarter, be it on defense or special teams.

"Adam is going to play, because he practiced well," Phillips said. "I think he'll show some of the same things. I think more of its learning what we need to do, what techniques we want, what the coverages are and so forth and those kinds of things. But I think he'll do all right, because he's a really gifted player."

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Good.....looking forward to seeing the kid in action.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that it really matters, but it probably means a lot more to Jenkins. Can you imagine walking onto that field and starting as a rookie?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2178599 said:
Not that it really matters, but it probably means a lot more to Jenkins. Can you imagine walking onto that field and starting as a rookie?

Do you think it's as scary as posting on this board for the first time? :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40;2178605 said:
Do you think it's as scary as posting on this board for the first time? :D
Nah.

Then again, I don't remember the first time I hit the 'submit reply' key. It sure wasn't as memorable to me at this Saturday will be to Jenkins. Wouldn't it be amazing if he actually had a pick?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2178609 said:
Nah.

Then again, I don't remember the first time I hit the 'submit reply' key. It sure wasn't as memorable to me at this Saturday will be to Jenkins. Wouldn't it be amazing if he actually had a pick?

For My first out on a limb post this season...He gets a pick...:)

gambit187

Reaction score
Mark It Down Adam Will Get A Pick

And Return One To Midfield On Pr Or Kr

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
gambit187;2178656 said:
Mark It Down Adam Will Get A Pick

And Return One To Midfield On Pr Or Kr

What if he catches a PR at the 49 and gets to the 50? Does that count?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Can you imagine being on the opposing offense. You go back to the huddle and say "Henry's heading out, whos his back up"? The WR says "Pacman". "S***" says the QB, "a running play it is". Then the RB is like "Dude, what did I ever do to you? Tank, Ware, Thomas, oh I hate you!"

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Great decision. With Pacman's reinstatement still up in the air and T-New nursing an injury, they need to see what Jenkins has. My prediction is he gets at least 1 pick.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40;2178613 said:
For My first out on a limb post this season...He gets a pick...:)

Interesting, CBZ. I'll keep my eyes open. I've deliberately left myself in the dark about pac man.... I just want to see what he has in the game during the season. But I'm glad some have faith in him.

He'll have to earn my support, like T.O. has done. But I can see myself getting on his wagon if he actually does something.

Is it Sunday yet?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2178725 said:
Great decision. With Pacman's reinstatement still up in the air and T-New nursing an injury, they need to see what Jenkins has. My prediction is he gets at least 1 pick.

I agree. Jenkins needs to get as many reps as possible to get up to speed with the Pro game

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2179357 said:
Interesting, CBZ. I'll keep my eyes open. I've deliberately left myself in the dark about pac man.... I just want to see what he has in the game during the season. But I'm glad some have faith in him.

He'll have to earn my support, like T.O. has done. But I can see myself getting on his wagon if he actually does something.

Is it Sunday yet?

Ben, you realize the game is on Saturday, don't you??

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Jackson or Chambers are going to be playing at all during the game? It would be nice if Jenkins could be matched up with Chambers first so he can start adapting to NFL speed by getting lined up against one of the fastest.

Will be looking to see how well he does with putting people in the jam as well as how he's improved in zone coverage. This also means that Scandrick and Oglesby will be seeing significant time later in the second half. Very excited to watch those two play as well, after hearing Oglesby's success in TC.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
ANthony Henry might get traded before the start of the season...either way, this is his last year in Dallas