DMN Blog: Monday morning Cowboys, NFL and College AuTVopsy

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5:42 AM Mon, Dec 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

I. I'm thinking this was a unique week in the NFL Sunday morning studios. I may have missed something, but I don't think anyone took a shot at Terrell Owens or Adam Jones. Kind of a belated Thanksgiving gift. I'm guessing the analysts and pundits are all keeping their Cowboys ammo dry until they get together next time before the Cowboys-Steelers game.

II. For that the Cowboys owe a debt of gratitude to Plaxico Burress, who came as close to shooting himself in the foot as anyone in NFL history.

III. Bill Cowher, who is just about every crummy NFL team's coach in waiting, revealed in CBS' studio that he is a lot like most coaches in at least one sense. "When a guy (like Burress) is producing, you tolerate certain things but this action that took place here was totally unacceptable."

IV. Cowher's studio-mate Shannon Sharpe came up with a great idea for fans that trek to stadiums to see horrible home teams like say the Lions. "If it's a bad game, let me see something I want to see" like another game on the in-stadium replay screens.

V. I think Brent Musburger, 69, had this observation about Beyonce, whose DirecTV commercial appeared during ABC's Oklahoma-Oklahoma State game: "I'll say one thing, she is attractive, oh baby." Thanks for stating the obvious, Mr. Musburger.

VI, As a hint of things to come, NFL Network will experiment with Thursday's otherwise abysmal Chargers-Raiders game by showing it in 3-D high def at theaters in New York, Boston and Los Angeles.

VII. In trying to justify offering the car-wreck Raiders, NFLN producer Mark Loomis rationalized: "I think sometimes rivalries sort of supersede what's on paper." Uh, no.

VIII. For some inexplicable reason, CBS studio host James Brown last week thanked viewers for "making us America's No. 1" NFL pre-game show. That's simply not true. Fox is the leader in the clubhouse as it has been for the last 15 years. In case you missed it, Curt Menefee pointed that out ad nauseam when Fox signed off Sunday.

IX. If you have $3 million burning a hole in your pocket, NBC will sell you a 30-second Super Bowl advertising spot. The network has sold 59 spots, but has about eight left. If you want more than one you might get NBC to give you a deal. An offer of $20 million for the whole lot wouldn't exactly be an insult.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2454980 said:
VIII. For some inexplicable reason, CBS studio host James Brown last week thanked viewers for "making us America's No. 1" NFL pre-game show. That's simply not true. Fox is the leader in the clubhouse as it has been for the last 15 years. In case you missed it, Curt Menefee pointed that out ad nauseam when Fox signed off Sunday.

He must have thought he was still in the FOX studio.