DMN Blog: More on Tashard Choice's two-week run

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10:36 AM Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Tashard Choice's 309 yards of total offense in the last two games is the most by a Cowboys' rookie running back since Julius Jones had 358 yards in back-to-back games against Chicago and Seattle in 2004.

Jones had 149 yards vs. the Bears and 209 against the Seahawks. Choice had 166 yards against Pittsburgh and 143 against the New York Giants.

Jones' three-week run was 454 yards with 96 yards the next week vs. Chicago. Can Choice come up with 146 yards against the Ravens on Saturday to surpass Jones?

To kill time this morning I looked up how runners have done against the Ravens this year. The Giants Ahmad Bradshaw has put up the most - 96 total yards (all rushing) - and his teammate, Derrick Ward was second with 95 (41 rushing, 54 receiving).

After that you have to go to Cleveland's Jamal Lewis (56 rushing, 21 receiving), Indy's Dominic Rhodes (73 rushing) and the Giants' Brandon Jacobs (73 rushing).

If Choice can pull it off, it will take a huge effort.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
What makes Choice's more impressive than Julius is that Choice was splitting carries with Barber and was going against two of the best defense in the NFL.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
who is Julius Jones again? oh yeah he is that guy who went to Seattle to be a star, but is a backup.:p: I am so glad that he is gone. Felix and Choice are both better than him. the sad part is i know him from his brother and i still love that he is gone.:D

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
theogt;2501735 said:
What makes Choice's more impressive than Julius is that Choice was splitting carries with Barber and was going against two of the best defense in the NFL.

Bingo, the competition was much stiffer...:starspin

superpunk

Reaction score
The Giants did go nuts on the Ravens running the ball, although alot of it may have come in the 4th quarter, much like what we did to the Giants.

I'd love a similar outcome against the Ravens. Wear them down with split carries and then let Choice finish them off, since I don't expect Barber to be any better this week.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2501733 said:
10:36 AM Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Tashard Choice's 309 yards of total offense in the last two games is the most by a Cowboys' rookie running back since Julius Jones had 358 yards in back-to-back games against Chicago and Seattle in 2004.

Jones had 149 yards vs. the Bears and 209 against the Seahawks. Choice had 166 yards against Pittsburgh and 143 against the New York Giants.

Jones' three-week run was 454 yards with 96 yards the next week vs. Chicago. Can Choice come up with 146 yards against the Ravens on Saturday to surpass Jones?

To kill time this morning I looked up how runners have done against the Ravens this year. The Giants Ahmad Bradshaw has put up the most - 96 total yards (all rushing) - and his teammate, Derrick Ward was second with 95 (41 rushing, 54 receiving).

After that you have to go to Cleveland's Jamal Lewis (56 rushing, 21 receiving), Indy's Dominic Rhodes (73 rushing) and the Giants' Brandon Jacobs (73 rushing).

If Choice can pull it off, it will take a huge effort.

Based on these stats, the giants running backs got a total of 264 yards in one game against the Ravens. At the same time, it was just one game. I just hope we get the W and go into Philly with the inside track for the no. 5 seed.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;2501768 said:
The Giants did go nuts on the Ravens running the ball, although alot of it may have come in the 4th quarter, much like what we did to the Giants.
I happened to watch most of that game that day, and the Giants simply steamrolled the Ravens from the start. They just lined up and ran right over them play after play... Very impressive. I want to say they scored on their first three drives or something like that.

That was probably when the Giants were at their absolute peak, though. I don't expect us to do anything like that, though it would be great if we did.

I think this is going to be a tough, tough game and the "Romo and RJ suck" posts will be out in full force afterwards.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2501870 said:
I happened to watch most of that game that day, and the Giants simply steamrolled the Ravens from the start. They just lined up and ran right over them play after play... Very impressive. I want to say they scored on their first three drives or something like that.

That was probably when the Giants were at their absolute peak, though. I don't expect us to do anything like that, though it would be great if we did.

I think this is going to be a tough, tough game and the "Romo and RJ suck" posts will be out in full force afterwards.

Who is RJ?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
superpunk;2501768 said:

I'd love a similar outcome against the Ravens. Wear them down with split carries and then let Choice finish them off, since I don't expect Barber to be any better this week.
Naw the Giants dominated them from the start of the game it was brutal and pathetic to watch... they basically took the Ravens manhood as soon as it started! Honestly i rather Barber not play it just doesnt seem to me to be worth it. i say just rely on our new found "great" defense haha to dominate the below average Ravens offense and use plenty of choice in the passing game!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Keep pounding the ball....I think it will pay big dividends in the fourth quarter.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
We gon fight, til we can't fight no more...

We gon lie down, bleed a while...

We gon get up, fight again...

Tashard Choice is one bad mothertrucker!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2501870 said:

they were killing them with RB screens, and Jacobs was rolling

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
lspain1;2502196 said:
RJ = Red Jesus....you know who

Hahaha, they get in the huddle "alright guys, we're throwing the Hail Jason on two."

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2502740 said:

Tashard Choice is one bad mothertrucker!!!

Indeed....I still can't believe he got snubbed in the pro-bowl ballots....

:p: