WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ms. Price will make sure Cowboys are ready

5:28 PM Sun, Nov 16, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

On the way into FedEx Field, I ran across Carolyn Price, who might the loudest, most optimistic Cowboys fan in the history of the world.

Ms. Price, a Lancaster resident who is famous for hollering players' names at every training camp, was waiting for the Cowboys bus to arrive. She wanted to make sure she had a chance to give America's Team a little motivational speech, which is helpful since pep talks aren't Wade Phillips' strength.

She took a look at the standings after the Giants game and decided she better make some travel plans.

"My boys need me," Ms. Price said. "I've got to go to Washington. Book it!"

Ms. Price was dressed in Cowboys gear from head to toe and accessorized her outfit with a personalized, shiny, blue-and-silver purse that was a gift from Leonard Davis' wife. She's ready to blast away for four quarters and is confident that her voice will carry over 90,000 Commanders fans.

"They're going to hear me," Ms. Price said. "I'm not afraid."

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

John Madden arrived in style
5:23 PM Sun, Nov 16, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

First off, to steal Jacques Taylor's line in the parking lot, my faith in humanity was restored once some Cowboys and a Commanders fan moved their stuff out of a spot to let us park the itty-bitty Suzuki in a spot at FedEx Field.

All those people who complained about Jerry Jones' new tailgaiting policy, I'm sorry to say this, I'm no longer on your side. Trying to park when people are taking up multiple spots is a giant headache. I don't care about your grill and cooler when I haven't found a parking spot.

As we walked in, we walked right past the Outback Madden cruiser. Right as we were walking by, out popped John Madden himself. I turned around to see where Tim was. This was his perfect chance to holler something crazy at the ol' coach himself, but alas, Tim was off getting some material for his column. Too bad for him.

Madden waived at the crowd who just started hollering at him. He hopped in a golf cart and was whisked inside in true first-class fashion. Me? I was getting padded down by security.

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Checking in from FedEx Field
5:03 PM Sun, Nov 16, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

It's a breezy night here at FedEx Field and the temperatures will be in the low 40s for the game. The flags on the field goal posts are swirling, so this might be a difficult night for the kickers.

Washington RB Clinton Portis worked out before the game and looked pretty good from what I'm told. I'm not sure if he will be active. Darrell Green and Art Monk will receive their Hall of Fame rings tonight. Just to point out, when the Cowboys inducted Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith into the Ring of Honor, the Commanders pulled out a win on prime-time television. Maybe the reverse will happen tonight.

And just so you know former DMN blogger Matt Mosley, who "stars" on the local ESPN Radio affiliate, is wearing a nice burgundy sweater with gold and white stripes. I think he might be performing at halftime with the Commanders' marching band.

Comments (4) Leave comment | E-mail entry

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2420860 said:
"I've got to go to Washington. Book it!"

I wonder if she's a Zoner. :laugh2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Charlie the Tuna;2420884 said:
I wonder if she's a Zoner. :laugh2:

I would think she would have to be. If only for the reason that I consider myself a pretty hardcore fan but when looking at her I start to feel that I don't quite measure up.

We are all a little on the extremist end but this woman is a rare one. Hell or high water, shes gonna scream (and scream, and scream.......and scream) just the same.

I spend a ton of time on this board and If I can't measure up to her, she has to be a member here.......wouldn't shock me if she had a butt load of posts either.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
she's off the chain!!! i ran into her at the team hotel in Dallas and she was very hype. she was rubbing all on the players heads and stuff...lol something tells me that she is the only one who can get away with that....

Nav22

Reaction score
Screaming alone doesn't make you a bigger fan than someone who doesn't scream... Ms. Price seems cool and all, but I wouldn't consider her a bigger fan than I am just because she's gotten a bit of "fame" from her screaming.

But Texas Stadium could use a few thousand more fans like her.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm a fan of her. But I wouldn't want to be around all that screaming.