DMN: Blog: Perfect attendance for practice (except for Montrae Holland)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Perfect attendance for practice (except for Montrae Holland)

12:13 PM Fri, Dec 26, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

Montrae Holland had basically been ruled out of Sunday's game in Philly, so he really doesn't count. Every other guy on the active roster is participating in today's walkthrough-like practice.

TE Jason Witten appeared to be moving much better than yesterday. RB Marion Barber continued to split first-team reps with rookie Tashard Choice. Tony Romo looked fine.

Jerry Jones chatted with reporters for about 15 minutes, basically guaranteeing that Wade Phillips would be his coach next season. Much, much more on that after we transcribe the conversation.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2524582 said:
It would be such a huge boost if Marion were close to healthy. :pray:

Would've been an even bigger boost if Felix was in there. I really think he would've made us special this year. A guy like that can cover a lot of warts.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2524593 said:
Would've been an even bigger boost if Felix was in there. I really think he would've made us special this year. A guy like that can cover a lot of warts.

Oh, no doubt. On a couple of those nice runs Choice made in Pittsburgh, Felix takes it all the way.

But he's gone this year... Marion at least has a chance to get close to 100%.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
December 26, 2008

Friday practice update

Cowboys tight end Jason Witten and running back Marion Barber both practiced on Friday. Witten, who is bothered by a sprained ankle, appeared to be moving pretty well during the walkthrough.

Barber (dislocated toe) shared reps in the backfield with rookie Tashard Choice. Did notice Choice's right foot was heavily taped and he appeared to favor it some breaking out of the backfield. The Cowboys can't afford another setback in the backfield.

As far as Witten, Wade Phillips has sounded a little cautious about him this week. He seems unsure how effective Witten can be on the ankle.

Left guard Montrae Holland (sprained ankle) did not practice and will not play Sunday.
- Rick Herrin

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
i have a feeling marion returns and get 20 carries this week and closes the eagles out in the 4th quaters and circle the wagon jumpers back on.

people also have to remember that he's still searching for that 1,000 yard mark and 130 yards can do it.

he put that up against the giants last year in the playoffs and im sure he can do it this weekend especially when philly is weak by the 4th quater.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
that sucks Holland isn't playing. he's had a sprained ankle for like a month now.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2524593 said:

:starspin I agree, Felix can cover up a lot of warts, and with his return ability, we would have had another dimension from him this year as well.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
royw3141;2524917 said:
i have a feeling marion returns and get 20 carries this week and closes the eagles out in the 4th quaters and circle the wagon jumpers back on.

people also have to remember that he's still searching for that 1,000 yard mark and 130 yards can do it.

he put that up against the giants last year in the playoffs and im sure he can do it this weekend especially when philly is weak by the 4th quater.

I wish, but I just dont see it. I see things being the same way they've been the past few weeks.

Choice has performed better anyway. He does not dance, and has wiggle to get through tight holes. Once he hits the second level he does a good job of keeping the defense off balance with quick subtle cuts. That allows for an extra 4 or 5 yards.

Am I saying Choice is the better back? No. But he has performed better than Barber has lately, even before Barbers injury. If Barber starts going north and south more, I will not be saying this.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Yeah, it's bordering on pathetic... Sounds like a talented guy who is a panty waist. Jeeeez get on the field and play. Goes to show that guys like Witten are so rare anymore. Holland's getting his paycheck so he's not worried.

Rampage;2524922 said:
that sucks Holland isn't playing. he's had a sprained ankle for like a month now.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2524979 said:
I wish, but I just dont see it. I see things being the same way they've been the past few weeks.

Choice has performed better anyway. He does not dance, and has wiggle to get through tight holes. Once he hits the second level he does a good job of keeping the defense off balance with quick subtle cuts. That allows for an extra 4 or 5 yards.

Am I saying Choice is the better back? No. But he has performed better than Barber has lately, even before Barbers injury. If Barber starts going north and south more, I will not be saying this.

yeah but i dont think marion has been practicing this much in the past few weeks this is like his 3rd time this week it has to be somewhat better