DMN Blog: Practice Report...Pacman returns

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pacman Jones returns to practice

1:34 PM Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Pacman Jones isn't ready to call it a season. The Cowboys thought the bulging disk in his neck would end Pacman's season, but he's on the practice field this afternoon.

We'll find out during Wade Phillips' press conference later this afternoon whether there's any possibility that Pacman would play Saturday against the Ravens.

Tony Romo is also practicing, but his back looked pretty stiff.

RB Marion Barber (toe), FS Ken Hamlin (ankle) and LG Montrae Holland (ankle) are not practicing. Hamlin played well against the Giants despite only practicing once last week. Barber didn't decide to play until a couple of hours before kickoff and really struggled (2 yards on eight carries). Holland sat out last week's game.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
A.) Forget Pac, we dont need him.
B.) Rest Barber, he is not effective, and Choice is performing very well
C.) I hope Holland will be able to go
D.) Same with Hamlin
E.) Romo will play, we all know that.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Man i hope Pacman can return healthy. for at least punt returns because he's been close to busting one a couple times this year and man do i cringe everytime crayton tries to return one and runs into his own guy...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2502128 said:
Man i hope Pacman can return healthy. for at least punt returns because he's been close to busting one a couple times this year and man do i cringe everytime crayton tries to return one and runs into his own guy...

At least Crayton doesnt run sideline to sideline trying to bust a big return, only to have a holding penalty called because the blockers have no idea where he's going to go.

Lets face it. Jones has been an absolute joke on punt returns. He has been solid as a corner.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2502147 said:
At least Crayton doesnt run sideline to sideline trying to bust a big return, only to have a holding penalty called because the blockers have no idea where he's going to go.

Lets face it. Jones has been an absolute joke on punt returns. He has been solid as a corner.

It shouldn't matter which way he run when you're block you shouldn't block in the back nor should you hold.

Glad to see Pac back.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2502147 said:

Pacman is a very talented punt returner as good as it gets. obviously this year he hasnt been up to that level but of course its not like he's ever had a chance to get in real rhythm. granted most his fault because of suspensions and well in this case injuries. once he gets back into a real rhythm from his titans day well he's probably only behind Hester in the return department! Just gotta get him going!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There's no need to rush Pacman back. Let him rest another week.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2502164 said:
Pacman is a very talented punt returner as good as it gets. obviously this year he hasnt been up to that level but of course its not like he's ever had a chance to get in real rhythm. granted most his fault because of suspensions and well in this case injuries. once he gets back into a real rhythm from his titans day well he's probably only behind Hester in the return department! Just gotta get him going!

I agree he is very talented. Fast, quick, and can make several guys miss.

Problem is he is trying to do to much. He is trying to hit the home run on every play instead of getting what he can. He has been horrible this year as a punt returner. But if we can get him going, he's just another weapon that we have.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2502178 said:
We should let TO rest with him right.....:rolleyes:

TO brings more to the party than Pacman. I don't care if Pacman plays or not it is not that big of a deal other than added depth to the team. His return game has sucked this year no and's if's or butts about it he dances around or runs side line to side line he has not done jack. Hell for all the grief Crayton catches his return avg is twice that of Pacman. Pacman is a suspension waiting to happen at this stage we may as well hold on to him until the season is done beyond that he can’t be trusted or depended on

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score

Patrick Crayton .. 9.5 yards per punt return
Adam Jones ... 4.61 yards per punt return.

It's amazing what running up field will do for your return average.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2502211 said:

Patrick Crayton .. 9.5 yards per punt return
Adam Jones ... 4.61 yards per punt return.

It's amazing what running up field will do for your return average.

It'd be amazing if they averaged in fair catches.....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
good to hear Pacman is back. I hope Barber can get magically healthy real soon. hope that Holland can play on Saturday.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
has he been as good on punt returns as we wanted? no..

has he been as great a cornerback as we wanted? no..

but this is still a more talented team with Pacman than without him.. so i'm glad he's back..