DMN Blog: Practice Report...Pacman returns

Givincer

Reaction score
It's crazy how this injury went from career-threatening to season-threatening to one game-threatening.

If he can go, that's great. I love our cornerback group. It's so deep and so young.

Dallas Dynasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by InmanRoshi
Or muffed attempts

Which is surprising since during Hard Knocks he caught punts while holding 5 footballs:confused:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forget returning punts. I want Pac-Man back at CB. With him, Newman and Scandrick out there playing man, I can't even imagine how many sacks this team could get.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2502114 said:
A.) Forget Pac, we dont need him.
B.) Rest Barber, he is not effective, and Choice is performing very well
C.) I hope Holland will be able to go
D.) Same with Hamlin
E.) Romo will play, we all know that.

Why do you think we don't need him? He's played well at CB, is put in on special packages, is better than Jenkins right now, and provides depth.

I don't care about him being a PR. He's a CB.

I'm glad he's back. Even if he doesn't play he provides great depth.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Glad to see Pac-Man back. His punt return average sucks but you can see why he's back there. Crayton will never break one for a touchdown. He's solid though and you don't have to worry about any muff punts. He'll get you what you're suppose to get but you can understand why Pac-Man is back there. I just think he hasn't had any real good chances to break one. The blocking hasn't been good enough. Sometimes he has no room to do anything. Keep him back there. He's eventually gonna run one back. IF that punter doesn't get him lol.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Dallas Dynasty;2502240 said:
Or muffed attempts

Which is surprising since during Hard Knocks he caught punts while holding 5 footballs:confused:

No body was coming to kill him either.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas Dynasty;2502240 said:
Or muffed attempts

Maybe he can join the circus after the season is over. :lmao:

jday

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2502147 said:
At least Crayton doesnt run sideline to sideline trying to bust a big return, only to have a holding penalty called because the blockers have no idea where he's going to go.

Lets face it. Jones has been an absolute joke on punt returns. He has been solid as a corner.
Agreed. Let Miles Austin continue to return kick-offs, who put us beyond the 30 on few returns and Patrick Crayton return punts. I like Pacman spelling Newman and Henry, w/Scandrick in the slot and Pacman opposite Newman in the Dime, with Jenkins and Scandrick in the slot and Henry at SS.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;2502235 said:
has he been as good on punt returns as we wanted? no..

has he been as great a cornerback as we wanted? no..

but this is still a more talented team with Pacman than without him.. so i'm glad he's back..
I was kinda surprised at how good he was at corner for such a long layoff.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EMMITTnROY;2502235 said:
has he been as great a cornerback as we wanted? no..

Really? What were your expectations of him as a CB? Because he's been more than I'd hoped for at the position (when he's been on the field, anyway).

BigEasyCowboy

Reaction score
He played really well against Pittsburgh at cornerback, especially considering the fact that his head was nearly ripped off in a dirty dirty move...

In addition, there were many opening on punt returns last Sunday that I saw that a person one step quicker than Patrick Crayton (pacman) could have broken for a big return.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
jimnabby;2502286 said:
Really? What were your expectations of him as a CB? Because he's been more than I'd hoped for at the position (when he's been on the field, anyway).

I'm pretty sure he was saying..... He thinks he has been good.:rolleyes:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2502211 said:

Patrick Crayton .. 9.5 yards per punt return
Adam Jones ... 4.61 yards per punt return.

It's amazing what running up field will do for your return average.

this has been brought out before, but pac man fields everything....traffic or no traffic.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I hope Holland comes back this week, although my gut feeling says he doesn't. Hope I'm wrong we could use that fat body of his!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2502243 said:
Why do you think we don't need him? He's played well at CB, is put in on special packages, is better than Jenkins right now, and provides depth.

I don't care about him being a PR. He's a CB.

I'm glad he's back. Even if he doesn't play he provides great depth.

Can't stand Pac. Wish we didn't need him. But he's another CB who can play tight press coverage. He frees up Henry to play more Safety, he might be our best tackler in the secondary, and he's been inches from breaking open a game with a pick/return on a couple of occasions. We could really use him this week.

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
We need PacMan this weekend. He, and TNew are our best Cbs against small quick recievers, and thats all the Ravens have.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2502322 said:
this has been brought out before, but pac man fields everything....traffic or no traffic.
Yes, when you include Patrick's fair catches in, their yardage is almost identical. I did the calculation once and it was within half a yard on their averages.