DMN Blog: Practice Update

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Practice update
1:46 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Linebacker DeMarcus Ware is practicing but Marion Barber is the only player missing. Cornerback Mike Jenkins and wide receiver Miles Austin are doing rehab.

Ware said he will wear a brace in Sunday's game. I wouldn't expect Barber to practice this week, but he should play Sunday.

Among the other things we noticed:

** Yes, they are outdoors.

** Tony Romo was the only player wearing pads. He likes to wear his shoulder pads in practice to stay used to the feeling of throwing with them on.

** Terrell Owens was in shorts. Normally Owens is wearing his tights, but he was in a pair of shorts. Looked funny.

** In addition to Owens, Greg Ellis, Zach Thomas, Marc Colombo and Flozell Adams were back to practice Thursday.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Rampage;2460994 said:
I don't like this Brace stuff going on with D-Ware

I would rather have him wear that then hyperextend it again because he didn't wear a brace and be out for the the rest of the game, or a couple weeks. :confused:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Matt Mosely is doing his usual the world is ending routine already on the radio today.

He is saying there are guys who were mad in the locker room that some other guys got the day off when they are getting ready to play a team like pittsburgh.

lol. This is all mosley does is complain and make everything out to be doom.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2461004 said:
Matt Mosely is doing his usual the world is ending routine already on the radio today.

He is saying there are guys who were mad in the locker room that some other guys got the day off when they are getting ready to play a team like pittsburgh.

lol. This is all mosley does is complain and make everything out to be doom.
hey Theebs, what's your thoughts on the game this Sunday?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2461007 said:
hey Theebs, what's your thoughts on the game this Sunday?

I think it should hurry up and get here.

other than that, I think its two equally talented teams playing an important game in december.

and as always, the most important thing is getting out of the first quarter alive. If we get out of the first qtr alive it will quiet the crowd and level off the emotion. Plus until the seattle game, in the past 6 games or so we had been outscored 61-7 in the first qtr. So the first qtr is key to me. get out alive and we have a shot.

i am not sure we can block them efficiently with how much passing we do.
yet, if we can protect I am pretty confident there is no way they can stop our big 3 of pass catchers. Romo likes to be in the shotgun and when the pressure is pushed outside he simply steps up and makes plays, I dont think he will be able to step up this week.

So to me we are going to have to be patient, disciplined and methodical. Very much like the skins game.

and our defense has to win this game. I think we are going as far as our defense can take us and we need them to set the tone sunday by stopping the deep ball and the running game. If we take away that deep ball, which they are sure to throw early on Henry, I think we could really push them around.

I have no idea who is going to win. Much like when we play the giants, both teams are equal and it should be a low scoring game, and with low scoring games penalties and special teams always are the difference. Will paulescu struggle? that could be the difference.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Those first qtr stats are astounding. I had remarked how we needed to do well the first drive as I'd noticed we weren't starting well. I just underestimated the enormity of it.

That's disturbing.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jobberone;2461062 said:
Those first qtr stats are astounding. I had remarked how we needed to do well the first drive as I'd noticed we weren't starting well. I just underestimated the enormity of it.

That's disturbing.

that was until the seattle game.

hopefully the seattle trend continues!!!!

kramskoi

Reaction score
theebs;2461022 said:
I think it should hurry up and get here.

other than that, I think its two equally talented teams playing an important game in december.

and as always, the most important thing is getting out of the first quarter alive. If we get out of the first qtr alive it will quiet the crowd and level off the emotion. Plus until the seattle game, in the past 6 games or so we had been outscored 61-7 in the first qtr. So the first qtr is key to me. get out alive and we have a shot.

i am not sure we can block them efficiently with how much passing we do.
yet, if we can protect I am pretty confident there is no way they can stop our big 3 of pass catchers. Romo likes to be in the shotgun and when the pressure is pushed outside he simply steps up and makes plays, I dont think he will be able to step up this week.

So to me we are going to have to be patient, disciplined and methodical. Very much like the skins game.

and our defense has to win this game. I think we are going as far as our defense can take us and we need them to set the tone sunday by stopping the deep ball and the running game. If we take away that deep ball, which they are sure to throw early on Henry, I think we could really push them around.

I have no idea who is going to win. Much like when we play the giants, both teams are equal and it should be a low scoring game, and with low scoring games penalties and special teams always are the difference. Will paulescu struggle? that could be the difference.
a fast start like last week would do wonders for morale but protection of Romo is the key for Dallas sunday. They can't win with Harrison and Woodley constantly harrassing Romo and disrupting the offense. If that means heavy TE sets then so be it.

Dallas has two talented tight ends in Bennett and Witten, plus Barber out of the backfield. The offense will need to play deep even if just to stretch Pittsburgh vertically because they'll want to crowd the LOS in the run game.

This will likely be a grind it out game with a few big plays/turnovers deciding the outcome...unless Adams and Columbo have a bad day, in which case it could get ugly and i'm not just talking about the score but the possibilities for injury to key players.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theebs;2461064 said:
that was until the seattle game.

hopefully the seattle trend continues!!!!

And we got out of our own way. Teams have a very hard time stopping this offense. We can do a great job stopping it.