DMN Blog: Preparing for the cold

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9:12 AM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

There's been talk that the Cowboys should be practicing outside with Sunday's game at Pittsburgh and temperatures going to be in the upper 20s. The theory being that you're playing in it, you might as well get used to it.

I understand the argument, I just don't completely agree with it. Here's why: it's important to get the work done and done right in practice. If it takes going inside to get it done, then do it. Wade Phillips said Wednesday they would practice outside if it's not too windy. It didn't feel as windy today as yesterday but we'll see.

Most teams from up north practice inside. Buffalo uses its indoor facility. Green Bay uses its indoor facility. New England uses it some. Those teams play in some of the worst weather. Pittsburgh has an indoor facility but didn't use one Wednesday and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger injured his knee after slipping in a mud puddle.

The Cowboys practiced indoors before playing Washington and won a couple of weeks ago. The gametime temperature at FedEx Field was 44 degrees.

If they are unable to win Sunday at Heinz Field it won't be because they practiced inside during the week.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Archer is the only good writer in this market right now.

the PC still has good people there like brad sham, kristie scales, babe laufenberg, but for the most part it is a daily waste of time because of the attitude of the writers here and the way wade phillips allows them to just do and ask anything.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2460556 said:
9:12 AM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

There's been talk that the Cowboys should be practicing outside with Sunday's game at Pittsburgh and temperatures going to be in the upper 20s. The theory being that you're playing in it, you might as well get used to it.

I understand the argument, I just don't completely agree with it.
Here's why: it's important to get the work done and done right in practice. If it takes going inside to get it done, then do it. Wade Phillips said Wednesday they would practice outside if it's not too windy. It didn't feel as windy today as yesterday but we'll see.

Most teams from up north practice inside. Buffalo uses its indoor facility. Green Bay uses its indoor facility. New England uses it some. Those teams play in some of the worst weather. Pittsburgh has an indoor facility but didn't use one Wednesday and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger injured his knee after slipping in a mud puddle.

The Cowboys practiced indoors before playing Washington and won a couple of weeks ago. The gametime temperature at FedEx Field was 44 degrees.

If they are unable to win Sunday at Heinz Field it won't be because they practiced inside during the week.
I posted this yesterday ...
Post #9
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138385

The dude must read this board, he stole my post. :laugh2: :laugh2:

bootyhunta

Reaction score
There's actually a writer in Dallas that doesn't have an agenda against Wade.

I'm shocked!

cowboyed

Reaction score
I understand Wade has ordered players in their spare time to sit naked on blocks of ice and play Madden 2008 in preparation for the Steelers.

Wade has always been a heady avant garde type of coach.

ddh33

Reaction score
Just saw the Calvin Watkins junk...Hooray for Todd Archer.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2460923 said:
We would... but we don't really speak their language.

Is that site still up? They are a bunch of tools over there. They've got like 182 mods that all think they're very, very special.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33;2460879 said:
Just saw the Calvin Watkins junk...Hooray for Todd Archer.
Funny, I ready your post with the cursor covering up "the" in your post. I was like, "huh?" until I moved my mouse.

Yes that was random... lol

ddh33

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2460973 said:
Funny, I ready your post with the cursor covering up "the" in your post. I was like, "huh?" until I moved my mouse.

Yes that was random... lol

I swear I'm not a junk-watcher ;) Just one little word makes a difference, doesn't it?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460940 said:
Is that site still up? They are a bunch of tools over there. They've got like 182 mods that all think they're very, very special.
The Ranch was the place to be during the Quincy/Hutch days. It was my favorite board, but this place gets way more traffic, so I came here. It's a ghost town over there now. A lot of good posters over there. (atleast there was.)

At least CZ has bigger avatars. :D

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Achozen;2461235 said:
The Ranch was the place to be during the Quincy/Hutch days. It was my favorite board, but this place gets way more traffic, so I came here. It's a ghost town over there now. A lot of good posters over there. (atleast there was.)

At least CZ has bigger avatars. :D

I was banned for life, but I remember the Quincy/Hutch days. A couple of years ago, they literally had over one thousand posters on there after some big news broke. It IS a ghost town now, and they have their idiot moderators to thank for it. If you want a lesson in how to run a forum into the ground, The Ranch would be a great example to use.

goshan

Reaction score
Archer is fine, but comparing it to the Skins game is totally silly.
With a football uniform on 44 is absolutely not cold at all.
It isn't a valid to compare to 29.