DMN Blog: Razorback formation had a rough debut

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4:13 PM Mon, Sep 14, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon/Blogger Bio | E-mail | News tips

The Cowboys didn't show the Razorback formation in training camp or preseason. They opted to only work on their version of the Wildcat in the privacy of Valley Ranch after giving us glimpses of it during OTAs and minicamp.

Based on the Razorback's debut, it needs a lot more work.

Trigger man Tashard Choice got lit up on a 3-yard run up the middle out of the Razorback during the second quarter. The Cowboys were fortunate to get any yardage on the play considering their poor execution.

Felix Jones was supposed to go in motion and "run the ride," Wade Phillips said, referring to a version of the Zone Read play Vince Young ran to the national title at Texas. But the ball was snapped before Jones went in motion.

While the Razorback's debut was a failure from an execution standpoint, the Cowboys did give future opponents something else to think about.

"It's something people have to work on for sure," Phillips said.

Comments (6) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Thank you Captain Flippin Obvious.

You are about 12 hrs late on your little nugget here, McHater.

I tell you what guys, where would we all be w/o TimmyMAx telling us how bad our team is?

Anyone?

reddyuta

Reaction score
i see some potential for the wildcat because i know felix can be devastating in it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It gained positive yardage. There were other plays that were a lot worse. It has potential. Keep working on it and try it every game. I'd like to see a pass from it also.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Dallas;2942171 said:
Thank you Captain Flippin Obvious.

You are about 12 hrs late on your little nugget here, McHater.

I tell you what guys, where would we all be w/o TimmyMAx telling us how bad our team is?

Anyone?

men-on.jpg

Sen-sa-tive