WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo update

11:23 AM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Quarterback Tony Romo was at practice, but he kept his hands - and right thumb - in his pockets as offensive coordinator Jason Garrett took his throws in the pre-practice throwing session. Before we left, Romo did not attempt a pass.

According to the photojournalists on hand who could zoom their lenses on to Romo during the stretching period, he was not wearing any kind of wrap on his thumb.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Romo update" is tagged: thumb , Tony Romo

Categories: Tony Romo

Watkins, Gurode not at practice
11:17 AM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

S Patrick Watkins and C Andre Gurode were not at media access to practice, which was curtailed to only include stretching today.

Watkins didn't show up at all, while Gurode came in late in sweats and immediately shuffled off to confer with associate trainer Britt Brown. S Roy Williams and WR Terry Glenn were both at the workout, but neither of them were in uniform, which this morning included helmets, jerseys and no pads.

Glenn caught a couple balls before the team went into stretching lines, but then went off to the side to deal with discomfort in his right leg, again covered with a compression sock.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Watkins, Gurode not at practice" has no entry tags.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Glenn caught a couple balls before the team went into stretching lines, but then went off to the side to deal with discomfort in his right leg, again covered with a compression sock.
:bang2:

heavyg

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1842594 said:
Romo update

11:23 AM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Quarterback Tony Romo was at practice, but he kept his hands - and right thumb - in his pockets as offensive coordinator Jason Garrett took his throws in the pre-practice throwing session. Before we left, Romo did not attempt a pass.

According to the photojournalists on hand who could zoom their lenses on to Romo during the stretching period, he was not wearing any kind of wrap on his thumb.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Romo update" is tagged: thumb , Tony Romo

Categories: Tony Romo

Watkins, Gurode not at practice
11:17 AM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink

S Patrick Watkins and C Andre Gurode were not at media access to practice, which was curtailed to only include stretching today.

Watkins didn't show up at all, while Gurode came in late in sweats and immediately shuffled off to confer with associate trainer Britt Brown. S Roy Williams and WR Terry Glenn were both at the workout, but neither of them were in uniform, which this morning included helmets, jerseys and no pads.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Watkins, Gurode not at practice" has no entry tags.

I may be a pessimist but none of that sounds good at all. A little worried about Romo not throwing. And Glenn leaving with discomfort in the leg?

FCBarca

Reaction score
dmq;1842613 said:

Thing about injuries that I've said many times over, don't get too caught up in the possibilities of a player's return...You never can predict the timetable...And in Glenn's case, it's all very suspect really...If he gets out there, great...If not, we go with what has gotten the team there already.

I look at him as a bonus, not counting on him at all.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
heavyg;1842625 said:
I may be a pessimist but none of that sounds good at all. A little worried about Romo not throwing. And Glenn leaving with discomfort in the leg?

They never show anything during the 30 mimute media sessions. In fact they go out of their way to disguise injuries and those that may be questionable.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Wonder if Brad Johnson is going to see some action with the first team in practice

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1842636 said:
They never show anything during the 30 mimute media sessions. In fact they go out of their way to disguise injuries and those that may be questionable.

very very true.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Guys it is Tuesday. Can we wait to bang our heads when friday comes and there still not practicing?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
whether we use Terry or not...Miles Austin needs to be unleashed like he was against Green Bay...Dawkins should not have been able to double TO and cover enough ground to get back to Austin...it's behind us now...but if we are unsure about Terry...we need to get someone else ready to play, because what we have now will not be enough to reach our goal

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
offensive coordinator Jason Garrett took his throws in the pre-practice throwing session.
That's interesting. Why not let Brad Johnson throw the ball?

Reaction score
If Watkins isnt ready to play this Saturday and with Roy's suspension our secondary is going to need everyone to step up.

I dont think we will see Glenn or Gurode this week. Fasano and Canty I think will deffinatly play. I guess with 2 QB's on the roster Garrett is the emergency QB lol.

sago1

Reaction score
Brad Johnson is a more then adequate backup. But we run an offense very much tailored to Romo's capabilities which include his mobility, tremendous accuracy, quick release, etc. Johnson is a last resort option and the importance of our beating Carolina cannot be overstated. Johnson might have gotten some reps in the practice we didn't see but maybe Romo did as well.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo's wrapped up

1:08 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink

QB Tony Romo walked into the offices at Valley Ranch today wearing a heavy wrap over his right hand. It seemed like bags of ice, held on with Ace bandages.

There were also wires coming out of the wrap, which would indicate some kind of muscle stimulator being used on the thumb. Just so you know ...

Woods

Reaction score
Well, Glenn may have to get his quad drained due to the swelling.

That could be the discomfort.

I still think there is a good chance Glenn plays versus Carolina, but I don't think he is going to be able to play a full season by any means. In other words, I think this is his last shot.

JJ is going to have to decide who is going to complement TO in 2008. Either one of the WRs already on the roster, or he uses FA, or maybe the Draft. My guess is we go the FA route.

joseephuss

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1842691 said:

Maybe it is like someone mentioned earlier and it is all a ploy to hide how serious the injury. If they see Johnson out there throwing more passes, then people will make the assumption that Romo is really injured and Brad is getting ready to play.

conner01

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1842691 said:
it does'nt say brad did'nt throw, it says garrett threw tony's throws

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Brad is 40 years old guys. We have only one QB on the active roster. If Brad has to play, do you really want the noodle arm throwing every pass in practice all week?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1842715 said:
Romo's wrapped up

1:08 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink

QB Tony Romo walked into the offices at Valley Ranch today wearing a heavy wrap over his right hand. It seemed like bags of ice, held on with Ace bandages.

There were also wires coming out of the wrap, which would indicate some kind of muscle stimulator being used on the thumb. Just so you know ...
I think I'm going to cry. Then throw up. Then cry some more.