WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time to refocus
6:08 PM Sat, Feb 23, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips
Now that our comprehensive and exhaustive coverage of the Zach Thomas signing is approaching completion, we're going to step back and go to why we are here in the first place -- to give kneejerk analysis on a bunch of college kids.

Follow the jump for the best showings during the tight end and offensive linemen's testing.

We just got the 40 times and we heard the No. 1 guy, Michigan's Jake Long, ran a 5.17. Which isn't good. Keep reading!!

40-yard dash
Offensive line: Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers -- 4.99
Tight End: Dustin Keller, Purdue -- 4.55

20-yard split
Offensive line: Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers --2.87
Tight end: Brad Cottam, Tennessee -- 2.61

10-yard split
Offensive line: Donald Thomas, UConn -- 1.72
Tight end: Gary Barnidge, Louisville --1.53

20-yard shuttle
Offensive line: Mike Pollak, Arizona State -- 4.47
Tight End: Dustin Keller, Purdue -- 4.14

3-cone drill
Offensive line: Michael Gibson, Cal -- 7.21
Tight end: Derek Fine, Kansas -- 6.8

60-yard shuttle
Tight end: Gary Barnidge, Louisville -- 11.29

Vertical jump
Offensive line: Cody Wallace, Texas A&M -- 30.5
Tight end: Dustin Keller, Purdue -- 38

Broad jump
Offensive line: Cody Wallace, Texas A&M -- 9-5
Tight end: Dustin Keller, Purdue -- 11-10

And that's a wrap
6:09 PM Sat, Feb 23, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips
We're all finished here. There's just nothing left to say after getting beat over the head with the Zach Thomas affairs all day.

Be back on the draft trail tomorrow. All the way through. Promise. Some quick hits to finish up:

-- When Vernon Gholston came to the podium, he was introduced as being from "The Ohio State University." Smart move by that NFL PR type. And yes, I resisted the urge to high five the big D-end.

-- We'll have more on Texas-ex Frank Okam. For now, let's just say he's a good guy. And he takes his high school rivalries pre-tty seriously. And he likes chess. We've said too much!

-- Everyone should have a bus like Jerry Jones has a bus. I mean, you get to a different city, and there it is for you. Perfect, and plush on the inside. I'm going to talk to the higher-ups at the Morning News to see if we can't get a Cowboys Blog bus for these long road trips.

See you tomorrow.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
He apparently forgot to mention that Long also has the highest bench press so far (37) as well as placing in the top three in almost every other category.

Not to mention that 5.17 is one of the fastest 40 times for any OL in Indy. When an OL also runs 40 yards straight during a game, I don't know.