WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roster spot is open

12:15 PM Thu, Jul 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

It was nice of Timmy Mac to inform everybody of Khari Long's release, but it would have been better if he had some context there. With Long out, the Cowboys have 79 players on the roster, including unsigned draft picks Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins and veteran receiver Terry Glenn.

That leaves them with one more spot to fill - if they want. I'm thinking quarterback. Now, I'm not thinking trade or veteran pickup here, but a guy with an arm to get through the camp.

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Roster spot is open" is tagged: Dallas Cowboys , Khari Long

Categories: Dallas Cowboys

So long, Khari Long

12:00 PM Thu, Jul 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

The Cowboys released OLB Khari Long, a Baylor-ex who spent some of last season on the practice squad.

They announced this move in a press release that made signings of draft picks Martellus Bennett, Tashard Choice and Erik Walden official.

Comments (6) Leave comment | E-mail entry

sago1

Reaction score
Feel sorry for Long. It would be tough to be cut just before boarding the plane heading off to TC. Since we now got 79 players, wonder if we've got somebody in mind to bring in.

Angus

Reaction score
Hostile;2156305 said:
Hello Chris Simms.

Hope not, for the sake of team cohesion. I'm not sure, but I'm afraid Simms would not be satisfied to be a backup for long and might cause trouble.

:star:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Angus;2156352 said:
Hope not, for the sake of team cohesion. I'm not sure, but I'm afraid Simms would not be satisfied to be a backup for long and might cause trouble.

:star:

If he would sign, I can guaranty you that he knows his place on the Cowboys roster. He knows he isn't going to supplant a 2 time pro bowler that is just getting better and better. At least I hope he does.