DMN Blog: T.O. gets 2nd 100 yd gm/Hatcher's Oct./Great time to rest for Romo

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T.O. hits century mark despite 'funky' coverage

T.O. had his second 100-yard game of the season, catching seven passes for 103 yards and a TD despite the Vikings coming up with creative ways to cover him.

T.O. indicated during his Wednesday chat with the media that he wanted to get more chances to make plays downfield. He had catches on 24 and 22 yards to set up touchdowns against the Vikings.

"They're making some efforts to get me the ball," T.O. said. "Teams are putting safeties over the top against me. At one point, they put a linebacker on me with a cornerback behind him. I don't know what coverage that was, but it was funky."

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 7:33 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (1)

Outstanding October for Hatcher

Second-year DE Jason Hatcher was a playmaking machine this month.
Hatcher had a sack, a tackle for loss and two QB pressures against Buffalo. He had a tackle for loss and 27-yard fumble return for a TD against the Patriots. And his forced fumble was the biggest defensive play of today's game.

"Hey, I hope they keep rolling," said Hatcher, whose playing time has increased as he's made more plays.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 7:23 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Great time for Romo to rest

What's the best time for a bye week? When your franchise QB is nursing a bad wheel.

Tony Romo came up gimpy after a goofy quasi-attempt at tackling lumbering DT Kevin Williams. Romo finished the game and said he was "fine" afterward, but he definitely wasn't the same in the second half.

"Tony's going to gut it out and do whatever he needs to do to fight through that," said T.O., who had seven catches for 103 yards and a TD. "He did that. It made him a little more of a pocket passer. He was a little gimpy when he got out of the pocket."

Romo had 231 of his 277 passing yards in the first half. He only threw the ball eight times in the second half, partially because the Cowboys were protecting a lead and partially to protect his leg.

"We just need to rest just to chill," Romo said when asked about the upcoming bye.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 7:15 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Romo has really taken a beating in the last 3 games.

He hasn't played a full 16 game schedule and certainly not as the target of 11 guys on the other side of the ball at the NFL level.

He's got to pace himself to last this year for sure.

I appreciate his effort to stop that return, but I don't think we will see him do that anymore. Let's hope this doesn't linger for him.

I'm a little concerned about that, seeing how mobility is such a part of his game.

Let's all hold hands and pray, folks.

peck-sicilyisland

Reaction score
The whole d-line is playing well right now,Hatcher seem to become more of a playmaker as well as an every down player.They all play well, when Ellis is in the line up.