DMN Blog: T.O. speaks about his injury...

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Per dmn blog www.cowboys.beloblog.com

The way I take it, T.O. is most likely a no-go for Washington but I would say he is probable for playoffs. Remember Jerry Jones' comments just a week ago when he said the med staff is really good at determining injuries before the MRI.

That's my take anyway. But here it is from T.O. himself......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More on T.O.

11:53 PM Sat, Dec 22, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Terrell Owens' high ankle sprain would seem to put any aspirations of a deep playoff run on hold.
At least, that's the way a lot of people would see it. Just don't express those feelings to the Original 81, himself.

"The bye week helps, and I have all the confidence in the world this team can win," Owens said. "As you saw tonight, those guys gutted it out. We have some good receivers in Sam Hurd and Miles Austin. Those guys will get it done."

As for the seriousness of the injury, T.O. tossed us a bunch of "day-to-day" jargon. But he did allow that he feels that the injury isn't serious, and several people close to him said tonight that the feeling is that he'll be OK.

"I know it’s not to the extent of what my first injury was, on the opposite leg," Owens said, referencing the injury he suffered in 2004 with the Eagles. "I’ll be fine, it’s day-to-day."

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "More on T.O." has no entry tags.

Categories: Terrell Owens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't expect to see T.O. in D.C.

11:37 PM Sat, Dec 22, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

T.O. suffered the dreaded high ankle sprain, which sidelined CB Anthony Henry for three games earlier this season.

T.O. is already looking forward to the playoffs. He mentioned that it's a good thing the Cowboys have a first-round bye.

"I will follow the doctor's orders," he said. "I won't rush anything. I have all the confidence in the world that this team can win. As you saw tonight, those guys gutted it out."

newlander

Reaction score
I'm with Coakley's Dad.......we need him against Wash., if nothing else as a decoy to back them off. I just don't like how he's conceding that the ankle will cost him that game. WHEN gbay beats Chicago today, we'll still need that game big time. Everyone here knows we aren't winning at G.Bay in Jan. No way, no how.:mad:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
This is T.O. we're talking about. 1) He is a very fast healer, and he can come back and play at a high level even when banged up. 2) He will milk this for everything it's worth.

So get ready for everything between now and the 2nd round of the playoffs.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Whatever, Green Bay is soft. Dallas will beat them anyplace, anytime. If we had to play last years Bears team in Lambeau, then I'd be worried. But the Packers are purely a finesse offense...their OL is crap...and beating them in Lambeau might even be easier. The only reason that last game was close was because Dallas went to sleep after they knocked Favre out and they gained the momentum.

The main thing is to avoid Tampa Bay so that TB and GB wear themselves out. I don't think TB could win in Lambeau and have enough left to beat us at home, but if we play them in the second round it's a different story. So it could be better to be the 1 or 2 seed depending on how the last two games play out and whether Seattle wins their playoff game.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
punchnjudy;1852369 said:
Whatever, Green Bay is soft. Dallas will beat them anyplace, anytime.
Exactly. I have full confidence that if you lined up a healthy Cowboys squad against a healthy Packers squad in Dallas three times, the Cowboys would win all three. That championship game is a month from today, so there is plenty of time to get people healthy.

Frankly, I worry about that divisional round. In the number 1 seed, it's most likely that Dallas is going to line up against one of the upset winners from the wildcard round, either the Giants, Vikings or Commanders. Each of those three teams is dangerous. Division teams are difficult to beat, and the Vikings gave us some problems last time (and they've gotten better).

Mansta54

Reaction score
TO will be just fine and we don't need him for the Foreskins. They have ZERO pass rush and our oline is giving Romo tons of time to throw. With the bye, TO will be ready to roll. Although, I wouldn't rule him out of the Foreskins game. The guy heals really fast....

peck-sicilyisland

Reaction score
maybe it's time for the defense to step up and win some games,they have been getting better each week,hopefully that continues.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
zeroburrito;1852420 said:
this sounds horrible....
Christ, everything is horrible to you. If we win, you complain about how we win, if we lose, you whine.

You are one of the most negative posters on this site. With that attitude and mentality, how did you ever survive through all the horrid seasons? Or are you just a bandwagonner who only pay attention whenever Cowboys are doing well? I hope you don't live your life in this manner.

Pitiful.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
High ankle sprain is 2-4 weeks.

He was walking pretty good on it so I think in 3 weeks he will be ready to play.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
BulletBob;1852428 said:
Rev up the aqua-tank-healer-thingy, Batman!

Hopefully between the hyperbaric chamber and the electrical stimulus treatments I'm hopeful that TO will be set to go for the playoff game. Hopefullly Glenn can get some work in this week in the game.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Some HGH might help as well. NFL doesn't test for it - Where is Wade Wilson when you really need him!

Reaction score
I feel confident in sayin that TO will be doing whatever he can to get back to the playing field and help this team out. The man is a born competitor and probably cant wait to get out there with Glenn knowing that without him they still had the second ranked offense in the league.

He is in top notch physical shape and sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber Im sure that hell do anything to return to the field as healthy as possible I think that the cowboys can deffinately get it done in washington next week and that TO will have enough time to get his ankle healed. And that what he did to get back for the superbowl really showed something about his will to win (and ability to take vicodin )

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I believe that if Romo is healthy and playing well, Dallas can just about beat anybody. When he's on, he's quite remarkable. Of course having Owens helps that, but if he's truly on it doesn't matter that much.

YAKUZA