DMN Blog: The Tony Romo/Danny White comparisons are ridiculous

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fweegy;2518613 said:
I can be a realist along with a fan. I don't own rose colored glasses and think the whole world is one big ol fluffly marshmellow. History backs me up on this. The bigger the game, the more Romo folds. Til history is changed, I will continue to doubt him. If I am wrong, I get a shiny new ring. If I am right, well then, when his contract is done in 20 years, we can draft Tom Brady's kid.

What big game has Romo folded in ?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Fweegy, since you know the outcome and have given up on Romo, just leave this board and don't watch the game sunday. Also, you won't be missed around here one bit.

fweegy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2518627 said:
What big game has Romo folded in ?

Did you just really ask me that? Pick a playoff game. Any playoff game. Pittsburgh this year, Baltimore Sat night. The 2nd Eagles game last year. Man-o-man, you gotta take them glasses off and really look at things. Your just a fan who thinks his team does no wrong amd every loss is blamed on officials, the tide, wind, or rain. Come on now, let's be honest about this.

fweegy

Reaction score
headhunterroy05;2518655 said:
Fweegy, since you know the outcome and have given up on Romo, just leave this board and don't watch the game sunday. Also, you won't be missed around here one bit.

And when I want your opinion, I will tell you what it is. Thanks for replying though

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fweegy;2518660 said:
Did you just really ask me that? Pick a playoff game. Any playoff game. Pittsburgh this year, Baltimore Sat night. The 2nd Eagles game last year. Man-o-man, you gotta take them glasses off and really look at things. Your just a fan who thinks his team does no wrong amd every loss is blamed on officials, the tide, wind, or rain. Come on now, let's be honest about this.

Let's see, Pittsburgh we were winning Holland gets hurts and then the wheels fall off. I'm pretty sure if Holland doesn't get hurt we win. The Ravens game.....Ah those 2 fourth Quarter TD's didn't happen my fault you're right he folded in a big spot....he should of made those tackles....2nd eagles games...Gurode gets hurt Proctor comes in we give up 3 sacks in the 2nd half and Romo hurts his hand......Romo didn't fold in the playoff game either blame that on the defense and ST......Seahawaks game we lost because our pro bowl QB was taking snaps.....let's be honest...Romo had a better game than Hasslebeck and their were some questionable calls in the Giants game that screwed us.....keep spinning it....you say "realist" I only see a troll

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fweegy;2518613 said:
DaBoys4Life;2518555 said:
If you root for them then how can you think they will lose?

I can be a realist along with a fan. I don't own rose colored glasses and think the whole world is one big ol fluffly marshmellow. History backs me up on this. The bigger the game, the more Romo folds. Til history is changed, I will continue to doubt him. If I am wrong, I get a shiny new ring. If I am right, well then, when his contract is done in 20 years, we can draft Tom Brady's kid.

Dude. Thanks for keeping it so real.

zack

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2518254 said:
On the Danny White and the catch thing, everyone forgets that after "the catch" White hit Pearson on a post route and the 49ers defender just got enough of a finger on Pearson's jersey to stop him from what would have been the game winning TD. It would have turned into Danny White's moment instead of Montana's and who knows how history would look at White differently.

Danny White was a very good QB. I feel bad that he gets blammed for all of that. I am sure that is why you don't see him around more often...

fweegy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2518695 said:
Let's see, Pittsburgh we were winning Holland gets hurts and then the wheels fall off. I'm pretty sure if Holland doesn't get hurt we win. The Ravens game.....Ah those 2 fourth Quarter TD's didn't happen my fault you're right he folded in a big spot....he should of made those tackles....2nd eagles games...Gurode gets hurt Proctor comes in we give up 3 sacks in the 2nd half and Romo hurts his hand......Romo didn't fold in the playoff game either blame that on the defense and ST......Seahawaks game we lost because our pro bowl QB was taking snaps.....let's be honest...Romo had a better game than Hasslebeck and their were some questionable calls in the Giants game that screwed us.....keep spinning it....you say "realist" I only see a troll

All this troll sees is someone who thinks Romo can do no wrong and is exonerated from any loss. You can make excuses for him all you want, the facts are there. He has won nothing. If 9/11 hadn't happened, we wouldn't be at war, our economy wouldn't stink and McCain would be the pres-elect. If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd have a whole jar full.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fweegy;2518745 said:
All this troll sees is someone who thinks Romo can do no wrong and is exonerated from any loss. You can make excuses for him all you want, the facts are there. He has won nothing. If 9/11 hadn't happened, we wouldn't be at war, our economy wouldn't stink and McCain would be the pres-elect. If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd have a whole jar full.

Did I say he couldn't do any wrong? No i didn't however I'm going to be realistic about his QB play and tell it how I see it. There's more factors than ZOMG Romo lost us the game. What does Romo winning anything have to do with anything? This is his 2nd full year as a starter even though he's been in the league a while. He's done more than enough to warrant the benefit of the doubt and he puts up amazing numbers.

fweegy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2518764 said:
Did I say he couldn't do any wrong? No i didn't however I'm going to be realistic about his QB play and tell it how I see it. There's more factors than ZOMG Romo lost us the game. What does Romo winning anything have to do with anything? This is his 2nd full year as a starter even though he's been in the league a while. He's done more than enough to warrant the benefit of the doubt and he puts up amazing numbers.

Then make sure you get him in your fantasy league. You will win. Here's how it works in sports. Your most important player wins, your team wins. That would make it kinna important that Romo wins. BTW: Brady won in his first 1/2 year of starting.

mmillman

Reaction score
White couldn't feel the rush and made bad decisions. Romo avoids the rush but makes even worse decisions than White did.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I try to think of players in terms of how I would feel if Dallas had to face them.

If Romo weren't a Cowboy, if he'd never been a Cowboy, I don't think many people here would be cowering at the thought of facing him. All we'd hear about is his arm strength isn't that great, his accuracy is inconsistent, and he tends to throw up ducks and often gives the D shots at big plays.

That's not to say he doesn't have positives or that he can't overcome his negatives...of course he does and we hope he can...but at this point he hasn't smoothed out the wrinkles in his game enough to really scare anybody.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
I have said this in other threads.
The problem Tony Romo is dealing with is that Cowboys fans in general (including myself) are spoiled rotten by the success of this team.
No season, no matter how entertaining, that ends with anything less than a Super Bowl victory is considered good. Super Bowl or bust is the city of Dallas' motto.
The Dallas QB is treated the same way. He either wins Super Bowls or is garbage. There is no middle ground. No matter how good they play, if they don't win championships they are called chokers, losers, and other names to rough to mention. It trips me out they way the Cowboys fans veiw their QBs and how quickly they will turn on them (just ask Meredith and White). No SB ring, no respect.
No one on the Cowboys wanted to win a SB more than Danny White. It just wasn't meant to be. Fortunately, Tony still has time. And I for one believe he will be a SB winning QB.
To those who are defedning Romo right now, you have my sympathy. I have been defending Danny for over twenty years and know what you are going through.
Some posters on this site act like Tony Romo shot their dog when he has a bad game:laugh2:

I personally am not ready to give up on Tony even though he does frustrate me sometimes. Maybe Sunday Tony can take the first step in proving his critics wrong. I hope so...........