DMN Blog: There's only one reason to have any confidence in Cowboys

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good post, 41.

You're right. The attacks are way more personal and way more vicious than I've ever seen. Todd Archer and to a lesser degree Clarence Hill are the only writers in this town that haven't stooped to that level and made a fool of themselves.

But we've known for a while that this area was a media cesspool. No wonder Breer wanted the hell out.

aikemirv

Reaction score
catskillthunder;2412840 said:
From a skill position standpoint Dallas is head and shoulders above NY.

Romo > Manning
Barber > Jacobs
Felix > Bradshaw/Ward
Owens = Plaxico
Williams > Toomer
Witten > Boss

Romo is better than Manning but they are completely different QB's

The Giants Oline makes 2,3 a big plus to the Giants side IMO and Barber is not running better than Jacobs in production.

Ownes and Williams - sure better talent but again the Giants running game makes their WR's harder to cover.

The Giants have dominant lines - we don't - that sums it up.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2412842 said:
Maybe its just me but I think this kinda stuff is crazy.

I am not saying, by a long shot, that Romo comming back fixes every problem But it helps a lot.

With Romo we had a high thrid down conversion ratio. Not with Brad. So our defense was on the field way too much. So Romo comming back deff helps our D.

Two Brad was immobile. And held on to the ball. Romo gets the ball out quicker and can roll out. Plus he is harder to bring down. This will help our offensive line.

Three he can make more throws. He can get the ball out to Owens and unlike before when they could take away Owens we now have Williams. And Romo can take advantage of Williams talents unlike Brad.

Our special teams is still a weakness but they have been improving. And Newman comming back will improve the secondary. Forcing the QB to hold on to it longer. Even if its a mere second. D. Ware often only needs an extra second.

I think Romo and Newman comming back improves this team tremendously. In all aspects.

Thats my opinion

WHAT ARE DOING!
Please stop with this rational thinking based in fact. Can't you see this turned into a bash everything currently Cowboys by those with an agenda.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
The only reason people around here are calling the talent overrated NOW is the fact that they're 5-4. When they went 13-3 last year, I'm pretty sure basically everyone considered them every bit as talented as they were hyped to be.

There's a lot more to winning and sustained success than talent, though.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2413170 said:
The only reason people around here are calling the talent overrated NOW is the fact that they're 5-4. When they went 13-3 last year, I'm pretty sure basically everyone considered them every bit as talented as they were hyped to be.

There's a lot more to winning and sustained success than talent, though.

some of the talent is overrated though, we have 3 talented players in the front 7 (Ware, Ratliff, Spencer), well 4 if you count Spears' athleticism, but he's slow, the safeties are slow, Henry is slow

on O, our linemen are slow w/ the exception of Leonard Davis and Kyle Kosier

the talent on O is pretty, darn good though

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
catskillthunder;2412840 said:
From a skill position standpoint Dallas is head and shoulders above NY.

Romo > Manning
Barber > Jacobs
Felix > Bradshaw/Ward
Owens = Plaxico
Williams > Toomer
Witten > Boss

Yeah and then you can give the O-Line and D-Line to them and that pretty much renders the rest of those useless. As long as they're able to dominate the lines they're going to have more talent and their talent is going to have more oppurtunity to showcase itself, than ours.

They're a better team than us right now cause they absolutely dominate both line of scrimage.

Smith22

Reaction score
I think the offense will be just fine IF Romo stays healthy. The defense on the other hand..... Getting TNew back will help, but the front 7 must improve and become more physical.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
aikemirv;2412974 said:
Romo is better than Manning but they are completely different QB's

The Giants Oline makes 2,3 a big plus to the Giants side IMO and Barber is not running better than Jacobs in production.

Ownes and Williams - sure better talent but again the Giants running game makes their WR's harder to cover.

The Giants have dominant lines - we don't - that sums it up.

I don't think their line is dominant, they just play well as a unit. People have been able to get pressure on Manning, he's not standing back there on flat feet like Brady was last year.