DMN Blog: They all want the ball

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10:01 AM Fri, Dec 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Terrell Owens wants the ball. So do Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton. And Jason Witten. And Marion Barber. They all want the ball.

That's the world Tony Romo - and any quarterback really - lives in. He has to hear it from all of them. They were open. He missed him. A few weeks ago, Romo said his response to those calls are, "OK," and then he shrugged. It's not that he's blowing anybody off. It's that he knows he can't make everybody happy all of the time.

But let's stick with the Owens part of the equation because he's at the center of it. He's always at the center of it.

Here's a question - how would it help Tony Romo to not get Owens the ball? In what universe would it serve him well? Would Romo really think, 'I'm going to ignore a guy who can get the ball in the end zone better than any guy I have out there?'

Really?

No quarterback and wide receiver have hooked up for more touchdowns since 2006 (33) than Romo and Owens. Owens has 186 catches for 2,928 yards from Romo. That's pretty good, if you asked me. Witten has 201 catches for 2,391 yards and 11 scores. That's pretty good too.

Is Romo perfect? No. Does he make the right read all of the time? No. Does he make some poor decision? Yes. Did he have a bad game vs. Pittsburgh? Yes. Did he accept responsibility? Yes.

Have we ever heard Owens take responsibility for anything?

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2483733 said:
Terrell Owens wants the ball. So do Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton. And Jason Witten. And Marion Barber. They all want the ball.

Since when?

He has never complained about a lack of touches even when we were force-feeding an inferior back like Julius Jones carries.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's funny how things get this blown out of proportion as if Owens never gets the ball or something.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;2483790 said:
Since when?

He has never complained about a lack of touches even when we were force-feeding an inferior back like Julius Jones carries.
C'mon you don't think he was grumbling after that 5 called rushes in the Skins game?

We don't hear anything from Barber publicly, but he's not a mute with his teammates.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2483879 said:
C'mon you don't think he was grumbling after that 5 called rushes in the Skins game?

We don't hear anything from Barber publicly, but he's not a mute with his teammates.
Absolutely right, unlike the rest of our team, he keeps his gripes in house. Like your new avatar WG.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2483733 said:
10:01 AM Fri, Dec 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

That's the world Tony Romo - and any quarterback really - lives in. He has to hear it from all of them. They were open. He missed him. A few weeks ago, Romo said his response to those calls are, "OK," and then he shrugged. It's not that he's blowing anybody off. It's that he knows he can't make everybody happy all of the time.

But let's stick with the Owens part of the equation because he's at the center of it. He's always at the center of it.

Here's a question - how would it help Tony Romo to not get Owens the ball? In what universe would it serve him well? Would Romo really think, 'I'm going to ignore a guy who can get the ball in the end zone better than any guy I have out there?'

Really?

No quarterback and wide receiver have hooked up for more touchdowns since 2006 (33) than Romo and Owens. Owens has 186 catches for 2,928 yards from Romo. That's pretty good, if you asked me. Witten has 201 catches for 2,391 yards and 11 scores. That's pretty good too.

Is Romo perfect? No. Does he make the right read all of the time? No. Does he make some poor decision? Yes. Did he have a bad game vs. Pittsburgh? Yes. Did he accept responsibility? Yes.

Have we ever heard Owens take responsibility for anything?

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

I stand by this: The Media Sucks!